Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis Contains More 'Tar' Than Tobacco...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Sloppy G, Aug 12, 2007.

1. I second that!!! :smoking:

2. That was a really educational post. I'll have to look into it further to confirm all that.

3. Another point about the polonium 210 decay. There are 3 types of nuclear radiation. Alpha, Beta, and Gamma. Gamma radiaton is pure energy (which means it has no mass), so it passes straight through you. Alpha particles have the most mass, and because of this, they are very bad at penetrating through human tissue. This means that once they are in the body, they are the most dangerous type of radiation, because chances are, these particles will never be able to exit. Thus they sit there, interferring with the DNA coding of cells for your entire life, which can cause cancer at any random time. As soon as an alpha partical disables a cell's growth inhibitor gene, you have gotten cancer unless your body kills the cell extremely quickly.

4. Wow!! + rep!!

the things you leearn on the GC :)

5. when you inhale marijuana smoke it diminishes little hairs that grow on your lungs. When the hair diminishes, sacs appear on the tissue of your lungs. These sacs open up and release flemm/mucus. I don't know if "diminishing the hairs of the lungs" is a bad thing....but i think the only bad thing about it is that you get mucus in your throat. Hairs do re appear, funny that you mentioned this because i was talking to a friend who told me that this seminar called "up in smoke" mentioned this.