Cannabis Chronicles: Third Crop

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by NoobGrower88, Apr 7, 2022.

1. So technically this is the second attempt at the third crop and things are looking good so far. Still tweaking a few things for the tent to get it ready to be able to start perpetually.

Temp spiked up to about 82 this afternoon, and it was 97 outside yesterday. I have no hope for the summer if I can’t fix this. Problem is both exhausts from each room come to a T at the top and go out the same hole into the attic. Even a damper couldn’t keep the two acs from competing with each other.

Hoping even this small spike doesn’t impact these new seedlings.

Sprouted on 4/4, and currently 3 days old. Roots poking out of the bottom so put them in net pots and into the system. Been top feeding once a day might do twice a day tomorrow until roots start to touch the water.

IMG_3902.JPG IMG_3903.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Day 5- Still top feeding, no roots touching the water yet. Agent Orange is looking strong and a healthy green. While the Lemon Haze is looking much like it’s sister before, yellow tint in the leaves and slightly twisting leaves. I have even gone to the seed banks website and some folks show similar seedlings. Could be a larger issue with the whole strain or an environmental factor. Either way I’m going to leave it going this time and see what happens.

Agent Orange-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lemon Haze-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. IMG_3916.JPG
    Day 8- growth is on track from my previous grows but still a little lacking. Yellowing of leaves that has been showing up is most likely due to one of my own environmental factors. I have gotten my heat issues under control and after doing more research believe my next issue to tackle is the light. I have a new Hlg 350r and was so excited to use it, I may have been causing my own problems by putting them under it too soon. Even at its lowest setting it may have been way too much for the seedlings with only one set then and now two sets of true leaves. Turned off the Hlg and positioned 2- 25watt T5s about 4 inches above. Hoping to see some green return to these leaves.

Agent Orange- showing early signs of calcium deficiency spots which will clear right up with I start them on nutrients. Waiting until they are at least 12-14 days old to add any other nutrients other than rapid start. Sitting at 25ppm so very light.

IMG_3915.JPG

Super lemon haze- yellowing and twisting has put it a day or two behind her sister but hoping to catch up quickly by resolving as quickly as possible.

IMG_3914.JPG

4. Changing from the HLG to the T5s is making a difference. At least that I can tell. There isn’t much of a difference in one day or so for me to show but I will post pics on Friday after a little bit more of an improvement. I am going to wait until the fourth set of true leaves comes in and is about halfway developed before I turn back on the HLG.

Always looking for feedback and opinions are welcome.

5. Day 22

Super Lemon Haze continued to be the lagger and issues with leaves continued. So I pulled it and let the Agent Orange continue.

IMG_3975.JPG IMG_3976.JPG