Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis causes Memory Loss?!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by J4K3ST3R, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Solved: Why pot smoking causes memory loss - CBS News

Today i read this book that some kid had in my class. it was a current book about marijuana... its main topic was the memory loss that marajuana causes. and i googled it and that link came up^^???

I have noticed im forgetful when im high... but am i ruining my memory??

2. It affects short term memory. It's more of a lack of interest/attention. For example shit like "dude, where's the lighter" "why the fuck did I came into the kitchen" "what were we talking about?"

3. #4 oceansgreen, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2013
    i have a SHIT memory, sometimes someone at work will give me an instruction and in 20 seconds after walking to do it i have to turn around and ask them again what they wanted
    and i forget all sorts of shit, all the fucking time

i thought, well i used to toke all the time, but i cant take back what ive done, what if i improve my diet, will that help?

well a quick google (not extensive research, just a quick search before going to the grocery store) and from my understanding, memory is slightly effected by diet, and there are some things you can eat to improve memory. (careful though a couple of the things are on the "dirty dozen" which means they are the most pesticide and chemical laden crops in conventional agriculture, if youre eating them for memory imrovement, i'd avoid conventional with any of these dirty dozen and go organic because i wouldnt trust those chemicals to do any good for your memory, thats if they dont make it worse)
    here is a link to some foods that improve memory a bit: 10 Foods That Help Improve Your Memory from SymptomFind.com
    here is the link for the dirty dozen and clean fifteen of foods: 2012 Shopper's Guide to Pesticides- The Dirty Dozen & Clean 15

but i also read that a much better thing for your memory than simply diet change (though never a bad idea if its changing to a healthier diet) is to get plenty of social interaction, i think this is my main problem, ive always had a friend or two but ive never been the most social creature, i personally feel this is my biggest problem, ( along with high sugar intake, processed foods and a bit of alcohol consumption i really dont drink too much so this probably isnt the main thing diet wise) and plan to change my diet and attempt more social interaction in my life, ive made good improvements in the social direction but theres always room for improvement

for diet i have eaten an apple a day this week and will start tomorrow out with a bowl of blueberries and milk i think...

i also have mostly quit toking because of work but plan to smoke on special occassions so as to enjoy myself without significantly increasing my risk of testing hot and losing my job but i plan to do all of these things before i say that marijuana is the main cause of my memory loss as, with just about everything, lack of memory retention has way too many variables to blame it on any one thing alone without having first ruled out every other possible cause

4. Short Term Memory Loss not Long Term...

Short Term is, "I want a cookie!" you get distracted by a butterfly and you forget all about the cookie. Almost like a child.

Long Term everything over the course of your life. Like how I remember my first experience with marijuana, I'll never forget that shit.

Or how I remember the birth of my child. Or the first time I got laid. Etc. Etc.

5. I think a better term for it is chronic absent mindedness. Lol, the shit you come up with high:)

6. Doesn't happen with me.

7. Fuck yea it ruins memory. Wether I'm sober or not I don't remember shit and I used to remember everything I swear since I started smokin my iq has dropped but I don't care.

8. Well.......I totally forgot what this thread is about and what I was going to say...shit...where's my phone....oh...I'm holding it. *DOUH*!

9. Where am i?

10. i have terrible memory. and weed definitely adds to that trait. but its certainly not the main cause of it though.

11. Unless I'm baked out of my mind I will not remember some moments the next day

12. #14 OneOfTheGoodOnes, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013

[​IMG]

13. Short term memory is overrated;)

14. Weed does not harm the brain you might just forget shit when your high.

15. Thats only temporary, stop and youre fine.

This has been debunked for ages

16. I have the greatest long-term memory but shitty short-term.

17. Hell yes it is.

Take driving for instance...shit is happening so damn quickly those thoughts you forgot don't even matter anymore. This is why people high oddly make better drivers. :smoking:

Now, trying to remember where the hell you were going, well, ain't that a bitch when ya :bongin:and :D and :smoking: and :confused:...wait, what, where was I..oh, look, Taco Bell!

18. The same goes for alcohol.