Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

cannabis card for psoriasis?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by cLOUD9, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Thank you so much for posting this, I live in md, hopefully we legalize it medically....I've had it since I was 8 years old and its spread and spread and spread......im going to find a way to try this :)

2. hey every1 im a 22 year old who has had what doctors call the most extreme exema they have ever seen. in the last year i have had 3 major out breaks of a new skin disease called pustular psoriasis on the bottom of my left foot what has made my daily life hell for the last year. i have been using weed on my own and find it the only medication what helps cure pain and stress caused from my skin i also find i itch less. i am currently on oral presidone of 30 mg a day and find it was helping until my foot broke out agian and am back to being almost bed ridden. Its great to know that there are people out there who have been granted a MMJ card for this issue.

I have dealt with this for over 10 years now and have been on Elecom mixed with a antibiotic due to my skin always being open. I have also been on stronger steriod creams but for the amount i have to use find elecom the best and see better results. i have also done every home remody out there and still battle this everyday on some spot on my body.

If there is any1 else suffering from pustular pysriosis and have any ways to help get ride of it or just ways to make life easier i would love to hear them or if u have any questions i have seen several doctors all over b.c. had many test done skin samples so i do have a few ways to treat exema and mild psriosis but am new to the pustular version what is said to be far more sever and dangerous.

my email is snipes9009@hotmail.com

3. Prednisone.... I feel for you.

4. yes it makes u very sick i find and has only had a effect on my exema on my wrists. thought it was helping my foot until 2 days ago when it broke out agian just before i start to whem off the predisone. now im at the point of pain pills to reduce the burn itch and throb due to it being on the sole of my foot. any good pills to recomend im not a person who feels synthetic heroin is a good option for doctors to be prescribing.

5. Had to resurrect this thread in the interest in sharing my results. I too have psoriasis, and I feel for everyone that suffers from this incurable disease. Now I've been down the path of steroids, prednisone specifically. That shit straight up and down just sucks. Side effect city with absolutely zero positive effect for my healing. I understand everyone's genetic makeup is different, so take all my direct results as arbitrarily as possible. The topical steroids creams such as taclonex and vanos have had slightly positive results over long term use, but with staggering negative effects on my skin. Psoriasis can really, really fuck up the quality of your life - and I wasn't prepared to give in. My dermatologist tried to schedule me for Ultraviolet light treatment 3 days a week, pump me up with constant steroid prescriptions, both topical and oral, and injections of drugs that I can only describe as directly resulting in chonic immunodeficiency.

Here's where I got crafty and self-exploratory. I stopped drinking alcohol completely (was a casual drinker). In addition, I pumped my system up with b-complex, fish oil, vitamin c, and other various multi-vitamins. I stuck to a strict workout schedule of weight training and cardio. This was still using all the topical creams. Physically and mentally I believe this aided in quality of life, but did not help my psoriasis.

Now - after a long sabbatical from cannabis and tons of internet research (not from multiple dermatologists and other speciality physicians trying to use me as a fucking pharmaceutically drugged up labrat) I returned to use. After just 1 week of use, combined with my healthy lifestyle, I INSTANTLY noticed positive results! My psoriasis was disappearing! Fast forward 5 years, still using cannabis, I've managed to NEVER have to return to oral steroids, rarely use topical steroid creams (havent filled a script in over a year), and every 10-14 days ill hit the tanning bed for a few minutes. I saw my pharmacist and he asked why I haven't been getting my psoriasis scripts. I explained everything to him. Ironically, his wife has psoriasis and battles with it every day. She has to go thru the ringer with all the dermatologist bullshit, which obviously isnt working effectively for her as he explained to me. I told him consider cannabis. That's right, a customer recommending cannabis to his pharmacist. Now, I never went further to see if she executed my suggestion, but I hope she tried.

In any event, this was solely my results and my specific combination that works for me. You show me a man or woman that wants to lock me in a cage for using a flower to naturally heal my incurable disease and ill show you a first class asshole. If the roles were reversed and the policeman had psoriasis ruin their life then found a miracle, I'd be pretty upset if I wasnt allowed to use it.

Has anyone had similar result where cannabis saved your life from psoriasis? Whenever I see another suffer from psoriasis, I want to go up to them and give them a hug. I'm no longer in tears from this, thank you cannabis.

6. #26 ToastyRoadie, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2012
    I too suffer from this dreaded disorder, but with the help of cannabis, vitamins and knowledge of what not to eat, it's down to almost nothing.:D

First, I would recommend anyone with psoriasis to immediately stop eating anything with corn in it, including High Fructose Corn Syrup and many other foods that contain corn to process the food, which leaves out a lot of food due to corn. Go here for more information. Corn Allergens <<<(click)
    Also gluten, aspartame or MSG. These are all bad for us but I believe the genetically modified corn is the culprit for psoriasis.:eek:

Those 4 are in almost everything that is processed and are not good for us.;)

Take 1000iu/25lb of body weight of vitamin D3 every day and 3000mg of vitamin C in the morning and 3000mg of vitamin C at night.:)

Make sure to read the labels as chewable vitamin C can contain some of these toxins.

I use aloe vera gel mixed with hash that I've broken down using rubbing alcohol to apply to new and old areas with much success.

:D:smoke:

7. Oh yeah, the nightshade family is bad on arthritis, so try and stay away from those as well.

:smoke:

8. i have medical cannabis and psoriasis my doc who I got the med cannabis from said to get milk thistle sap from a milk thistle plant and try that. first put it on a spot make sure you aren't allergic too it then if your not, use that. I have no clue if this works just got renewal and haven't tried it could not hurt to try I guess.

9. I would try cannabis oil or RSO (Rick Simpson oil) as it is called too. Use it both topically and internally and see the difference!

10. My skin is so much better since eating herb on a regular basis.

I believe a lot of skin conditions to root internally, within the digestive system somewhere. A lot of people also consider the skin to be "the third kidney" and it plays an important part of our bodily detox process. Clean out your gut, and your skin will respond.

I've had life long battles with fungi, psoriasis, and eczema. The first 2 have been controlled for awhile now, but the little zits on my arms are gone now. I've cleaned my diet up, but also noticed that eating cannabis helps clean the gut.

Try it ;)

11. Sorry to hear that my friend..you're sure too young to be dealing with psors but like you said it's very treatable and probably curable but the morons at big pharma won't allow marijuana. Life is by design filled with stress and anxiety everywhere you go...but you're lucky the Cali is one of the few states that don't prohibit marijuana. In fact, California has a ton of medical marijuana dispensaries. You can locate the nearest to you here

Find Legal Medical Marijuana Dispensaries & Cannabis Clubs | THC Finder

Medical Marijuana Dispensary | Medical Marijuana Card CA - Medical Marijuana Doctors | Dispensaries | Cards

Where To Find Marijuana In California | Where Marijuana?

12. OP, start eating healthy and start going to saunas/steamrooms.

13. I am 16 years old and I learned about my psoriasis a year ago, I am an avid weed smoker that lives in Florida, as you guys may know I cant get a medical marijuana card. I have white flakey areas of built up skin cells all around my body, mostly on the right side, my knees and elbows and most of my head are filled with them. Since I have long hair and only wear long sleeves because of how bad it is not many people know unless they see my legs. SInce I got diagnosed with psoriasis when I was on a T-break from getting caught with the police and having to take a drug test my spots flaired to the point where i couldnt move my fingers well from the spots on my knuckles. After I started smoking again ive been able to limit my flairs well with the use of marijuana. It truly is something I am really embarrassed about and after reading that I may be able to get a medical card when I get out of this hell hole has really brightened my day

14. Twenty years ago, my life was pretty much blown out by psoriasis and it's bitchy little side-kick Psoriatic Arthritis.  Back then, they didn't really have many treatment options aside from chemo meds and narrow band UV-B ovens that left me heaving and burned.  Now?  After a few years of not drinking alcohol that often and steady doses of Humira, my skin is mostly clear.  Unfortunately, at 16, you're probably too young for any of the biologics and most of the topical steroids. 

The arthritis, on the other hand, well...  I'm on the strongest doses of Vicodin they make and I'm taking anywhere from 40-60 mgs of hydrocodone a day, and my doc is now wanting to bump me up to something in the Oxy family.  I really don't want to go that route.  It's weird, but at 45, I'm still kind of scared silly at the thought of a steady diet of increasingly addictive opiates when something as simple as burning a joint is all I need to take the sharp edges off what has become a crippling case of intense pain.   

That's usually my best argument for legalization for medical.  I can either be addicted to stronger and stronger opiates until I'm a brain-boiled, strung-out junkie, or I can use something non-addictive, but really effective, like weed and a couple of Advil.  

I think Florida will get medical use sooner than you think.  Until then, get plenty of sun, avoid stress and booze, and go for a swim in the ocean (salt will help) or a pool (chlorine also helps on those days when things are flaring and it's really great at softening plaques).       

Other than that, good luck.  PM me if you ever need to talk.  I've been through it all with this disease (like the time the smokin' hot Italian chambermaid in Sorrento, Italy walked in on me passed out in my hotel room after a mind-bending Averna and god knows what evening. She took one look at my spots and screamed thinking that I was tortured by la cosa nostra and a red hot poker.  So, see?  It's not without it's moments, ya know). 

15. I've had psoriasis for close to 20 years. Methotrexate didn't do much of anything. I've been taking Enbrel for maybe three years and it does work. I still have a couple of break through plaques and tender joints but it's much, much better than it was four years ago.
    A couple of weeks ago I started eating 0.25g of indica dominate pot a couple of times a week for insomnia. I haven't noticed any affect on my psoriasis.
    Can someone recommend a strain or what I should look for to help my psoriasis? The 0.25g a couple times a week (baked on graham crackers and peanut butter) is the right dosage for me for insomnia but it would be nice to get the psoriasis to go away completely as a bonus.

16. Hey...sorry I'm a newbie...hope I don't offend. If you have severe psoriasis this so far in my 28 years of suffering is the only thing that helps . Have been on medical cannibis For about three months and within one day I felt good. For one thing I slept like a baby.....popped my head around the corner and smiled at my husband for the first time in probably 15 years. Sleep and rest is everything for any auto immune desease. I only use a single use pipe about 5 to 6 times a day. Hate the feeling by the way except for the relaxation for sleep and occasional munchies which is ok as I'm nauseated most of the time from the itching burning stinging....my brain can't rest. I also have psoriatic arthritis...so far not much help...but I'm sure the rest helps that to. I don't really know why you'ld do this for fun.....but I see no reason why they make such a big deal about the herb, legally.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

17. Sorry...and by the way my skin is about 70 percent cleared now and I was covered fromhead to toe.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

Try adding Pine Tar Soap to what your already doing and you may be able to leave the last of the steroids behind.

19. I too have had success with the herb, also with megadosing vitamin C.

I read somewhere that eating raw cilantro daily will also help.

I am using a product called MG217 with great results. They make and ointment, cream and shampoo, found it at a local Walgreens.

20. Hello everyone , new to the site but long time smoker and suffered from P basically my whole life . I also use a product called MG217 from Walgreens or whatever drugstore I can find it at , 1 becuase it's cheap and been pretty effective but not to the point where it will clear anything just keep it moist and not all white and patchy , thoug if not used for a day or two the P will return back to normal . I'm in Michigan and my primary care physician will not use my disease to prescribe me a med card I'm guessing as someone else stated becuase of HmO bs .

In recent events being last couple months , I got pulled over for speeding and they found zigzags in my car and ticketed me for possession of drug paraphernilia , went to court and judge fined me $450 , ordered me to take a drug class and 12 months urine testing . Have tested positive last 3 months , as of last week had to return to court for drug test violation , judge was gonna throw me in jail for 10 days , I told him I suffer from psorriasis and psoriatic arthritis and he stated that's not a reason to get high just and excuse . Told him I also have chronic back pains which leave me getting up every night between 4-5 am and cannot fall back asleep . Now the judge has placed me on reporting probation for 12 extra months and , says if my next urine sample comes back positive I will do 20 days in jail and that only thing that can save me is a script or letter from my primary care physician not a online certification or hobo clinic . I do not know what todo and the stress, anxiety from just the thought of being lockd up for this Bs has made me P flare out like crazy in the last week .