Cannabis Capitalist: Scotts Miracle-Gro CEO Bets Big On Pot Growers

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by ptlarz, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Cannabis Capitalist: Scotts Miracle-Gro CEO Bets Big On Pot Growers
    Have you guys seen this?? Reading this article made my stomach turn. The man seems to have an affinity for cannabis, but he seems to only care about money. The most scary portion of this article to me was this, "Hagedorn has not given up on growing his own marijuana, either. He is already looking into foreign markets like Israel, Canada and Jamaica, where Scotts might be able to legally set up labs to test its products and conduct cannabis research. Hagedorn’s most eye-opening idea: someday expanding the company’s research on genetics into cannabis to create GMO marijuana. Showing an ounce of restraint, he says he is not ready to run that idea by the company’s directors–yet." He has the potential to do irreversible damage to cannabis, but can't see it because the money's in the way. Just sad

2. Miracle Gro sucks for cannabis. Hope they have a real organic being developed.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Yeah it definitely sucks. From the looks of this article they're getting as far away from organic as they can. I'm going to boycott all Scotts products

• Like Like x 3
  4. I have found miracle grow works well when you are smart enough to use it properly.

Sent from my XT1254 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. It can be used but its not recommended., if u know ur shit u can grow with mg just fine, but u just need to know how to read your plants., nature's care its better tho., i did a test once with both mg slow nutrients release and mg organic nature's care., both can be used but like i said you need to know how to read your plants., many people don't know how to grow with mg and bashed the slow release soil because they don't know how to grow and read their plants and on top of the slow release soil they add more nutrients and thats when the mess up their plants and then blame the mg soil., with both soils i went 67 days without feeding at all. just water. After that when i saw signs of yellowing i started feeding and flip the lights to 12/12. everything good! im not promoting their products mg is garbage., but it can be used if u know what you doing., i prefer a cero nutrients medium so i have complete control of the grow and nutrition. My 2 cents.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I could not have said much better. I learned from a gardening family how sensitive plants are to nutrients. I use happy frog potting soil and add nutrients sparingly. Occasionally I will add mg as a filler if I run out of my regulars.

Sent from my XT1254 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. Happy frog is awesome for seedlings and veg for flowering i will repot to ffof soil in a 5 gallon pot