Cannabis as a similar effect to psychosis

Discussion in 'General' started by Definitely Ambiguous, Sep 3, 2016.

1. I will be providing journals here that suggest that the effects from cannabis illicit an effect similar to psychosis, cannabis exists in a scientific purgatory where more research is required to fully understand the effects of cannabis on the brain.

this will be updated when I have the time, I believe it is only fair to know about effects of cannabis that are not only of a positive nature on this website, and to examine a more complicated topic.

If there are more journals that others find feel free to link them here, even if they suggest an improvement in mental health. (Specifically from medical journals if possible for credibility)

http://www.youthspace.me/assets/0000/0161/Psychosis_and_Cannabis_BMJ_review.pdf

2. So.. We need more research.. But it has an effect similar to psychosis?

Which is it? More research or psychosis? It seems that whenever it suits your context, its psychosis and when it does not suit your context, it needs more research. Sorry, conducting fair science does not work that way... Well, it does work that way, but only when you have a bias.

• Like Like x 2
  3. What i am providing is a form of evidence based on what is available, as mentioned not all the research has been finalized but with so many journals pointing to a psychosis like effect through cannabis, well it cant be ignored. Please provide journals to support otherwise if possible. I do not want to deal with semantics but with research done.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 DatUndiscoveredWalrus, Sep 3, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
    Yeah, it's actually a huge problem with science now-a-days. Researchers are pressured to publish articles as soon as possible to stay relevant/work towards tenure. Scientists manipulate a sample to fit their experiments hypothesis/goal. Most experiments can't be replicated and no one wants to replicate them in the first place because there is no reward. The people who provide grant money don't normally invest in experiments that are 'likely to fail,' or in other words the ones that could actually bring significant breakthroughs in a particular field. There are soo many problems.

As for OP: Granny Storm Crow's MMJ Reference List

Edit: Ctrl + F 'Psychosis;' there are plenty of articles that you don't want to ignore there on psychosis. Feel free to read them all though.
    Edit2: I mean come on bro, although the DEA recently 'relaxed' research restrictions on Marijuana, it's still a schedule 1 drug for a reason.
    Edit3: Bigpharma

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sounds like we have someone here who is against cannabis.

6. I wouldn't deny that cannabis has a similar effect to psychosis. I recently fell asleep while high .. and I swear to god, I literally heard someone call my name out loud .. it sounded pretty Stereo HD, pretty convincing .. to say the least. Sometimes I can even see people's faces with my eyes closed.

Then again, the psychotic/psychedelic effect only lasts while you're high. It's not going to 'turn you' into a schizophrenic, although I'm pretty sure it could exacerbate symptoms of schizophrenia, even though I've known schizophrenics who use cannabis for relief.

In that sense .. the only way cannabis will ever make you a schizophrenic, is if you smoke weed 24/7 .. lol

7. Is this information you're going to provide new research or are you going to post old stuff? Because we've heard the old stuff, I heard about cannabis induced psychosis many years ago. And if it's going to be old stuff why would you post it here unless you're trying to convince us to quit smoking pot. Good luck with that. I guess another explanation would be that you need some kind of reinforcement.