Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis and the urinary tract

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by hellomoto1985, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Hi, does anyone know if prolonged use of smoking cannabis can cause a urinary tract infection? I've tried doing some research and couldn't find much help.

2. I'm gonna say no. I mean, why would smoking weed cause a UTI? That just doesn't make sense.

3. Well cannabis passes through the urinary tract, so I didn't know if there could be any problems associated with it or not.

4. No, I honestly don't think so. I've never heard of anyone getting a UTI from solely smoking, people (girls mostly) get UTI's from not washing up before/after sex.

5. NO! Cannabis is an all good!
    Why, its natures candy dontcha know!

6. Dude stop following me....I'm seeing you everywhere. ahhhhhhh.

7. I haven't run across anything suggesting that cannabis could cause a UTI.

Not drinking enough water is another cause. The urine stays in your bladder too long and that gives the bacteria a chance to grow!

Cranberry juice acidifies your urine and makes the environment less friendly to the bacteria.

Always pee ASAP after sex. It flushes out any bacteria that may have snuck in.

Granny

8. Thanks Granny :love:

9. [​IMG]

10. haha, thanks for all the replies. Just didn't want any problems in the future. I'm always a skeptic when it comes to anything I put in my body, up to and including cannabis.