Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis and sleep problems

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by medkip, Nov 23, 2009.

1. I have had terrible sleep apnea since I was 15. I have tried changing my sleep habits, presciptions, machines, ect. Ever since I have taken up cannabis (dank stuff not crap) I have really been waking up with more energy. This disorder has really fucked up my life. I was a A student all through school and this thing hit me like a train wreck. I don't have a MMJ card or anything but I think that MMJ has the potential to really help people who have terrible sleep apnea or other sleep disorders.

Alcohol kills, Mary Jane heals.

Medkip.

2. im glad to here that its helping you u should read my essay about medical marijuana in this forum it called "super short MMJ essay"

3. its da truth.

i have insomnia and sometimes i dont get to bed til 8am no matter when i wake up.

a heavy indica will knock me out at 12am or earlier if i smoke enough.

+1 for MMj

4. MMJ isn't legal in my state but I've had about 8 concussions (causes frequent migraines) and terrible insomnia and a bad back from a snowboard accident (lol). I actually started working graveyard shifts because the inability to sleep is just so bad sometimes that I figured I'd take advantage of it. Problem was once I did that I couldn't sleep during the day either as my body sort of switched schedules.

Ever since going back to smoking 1-5 times a week or when ever I can't sleep, I fall asleep no problem and wake up without back pain. I made this discovery maybe a month ago when I didn't smoke for a week+ and noticed my back pain coming back really strong.

I wish MMJ or legalization would come sooner as my quality of living has gone up so much lately.

So in short I'm going to say yes it could help.

5. I agree completely. I had really bad insomnia this year after pulling 3 all-nighters in a week during midterms in college. After that week it would be anywhere between 6 and 8am that I fell asleep. I found that smoking a good indica would make it much easier to fall asleep, even after government regulated "sleeping pills" would not.

Glad to hear that it worked out for you too.

6. After about a year of fighting the sleep induced from smoking weed, it now makes me lethargic and stoned, but I can't go to sleep no matter how hard I try for about 3 hours after burning. It makes Wake n Bakes all that more fun.