Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis and pharyngitis (and other problems)

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by cyanide444, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Alright so I want to make it clear, I'm not an MMJ patient. However I do see numerous benefits from smoking cannabis. Recently I've been struck down with a case of viral pharyngitis (inflammation of the pharynx due to a virus, I believe it's the Orthomyxovirus Family, which includes the flu and flu-like viral infections). Pharyngitis is basically just a really severe sore throat. I've had a pretty bad fever and swallowing food or even liquids is extremely painful. I'm also feeling extremely run down and I have a general achy, sore feeling. I'm also sensing that the infection is spreading down and up (up into my sinuses, down into my bronchial tubes). I'm curious whether I should continue to smoke cannabis or not. I have a history of asthma. I mostly smoke to help me with general anxiety disorder and clinical depression. I find it really does help, but I've been concerned that cannabis might have negative effects on my already screwed up immune system and my weak lungs.

Anyone have experience? Will marijuana damage my lungs or my immune system?