Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis and negative thoughts

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Mickayish, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Hi there.

My name is Mick and i am 36 years old.

When i was 21 i started smoking hash every once in a while and soon it got to everyday smoking.After some weeks i started to get anxiety and racing thoughts when we got high, it was actually fear of anxiety i was getting and the anxiety continued for days after.
    So i consulted my doctor who put me on effexor wich is an antidepressant anti anxiety medication.My anxiety soon went away and i was able to smoke and enjoy it.
    I would smoke every day for the next many years.In 2014 i went of the antidepressants and continued to smoke hash every day and i felt really good about going of the medication but in 2015 after a break of about 10 days, the longest break in a lot of years i got some hash from a "friend" and after some hits from the joint i felt my heart starting to race and a sense of negativity and dread came over me like i never experienced before it was so bad i had to wake up my girlfriend so i could get some of her diazepam and calm down.I mean my heart was really racing and it felt like it was about to jump out of my chest.The days after that anxiety attack the anxiety continued and i wondered if it could have been the hash that maybe was laced with some horrible shit, or maybe i was just because of the break i had with the hash så i tried smoking again and the same happened again and the anxiety persisted for some weeks.
    After some time i harvested some of my own green that i had grown and tried it and now the racing thoughts started again.I think that i subconsiously expected it to happen or just the fear of the last time i smoked planted a seed of fear in me.So i experienced with putting less cannabis in the joint and taking some diazepam and smoked some joints and it worked and i got a little buzz but the fear would always be in the back of my mind.
    I recently got some hash and smoked some joints with almost no hash in it and i keep getting the racing thoughts and fear about going crazy or becoming scizofrenic.

Have anyone else had this problem with anxiety after so many years of smoking without problems?
    I really want to smoke my cannabis and relax and enjoy it like i used to do but it seems my mind just wont let me.

I am currently growing some high CBD low THC cannabis to se if that helps.
    Very curious if anyone else have had the same experience

Cheers - Mick

2. Get or make orgonite Look it up on YouTube. I know it looks and sounds stupid but how much can it hurt to make some and wear it or keep it in yur pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Yes I have. After years and years of consuming you can cross that proverbial line that makes it where it's not fun anymore and it's nothing but anxiousness, racing thoughts, etc... like you're experiencing. What is going on is your cannabinoid receptors are out of whack and you're probably consuming too much in each sitting. You need to take a tolerance break and reset your receptors and try again this time start off very very slow one hit wait 15 minutes type of thing you will see that you really don't need much of today's high strength cannabis to get an affect. For over 4 years now my typical dose is only one hit and it medicates me for several hours each and every time, just the way I like it. With cannabis less really is better.

Sent from my VS996 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Stop smoking all together if I was getting negative effects I'd stop..

Also you may want to edit your post man talk of any drugs but weed alcohol & tobacco is against the rules