Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis and Health Thread

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Galaxy420, Feb 13, 2019.

?

how important has endocannabinoid system been for all life?

1. so vastly important we just don't know

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. what the hell is endocannabinoid system ?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. so many threads in the medical section do not provide helpful info describing why/ how cannabis is medicene. I thought I'd make a thread where the action of cannabis can be explained / described ETC... the first thing I really wanted to know when first finding cannabis as a medicine is how does it do that ?..... posts from @Storm Crow and others really led me into a direction that was proven results identified and such that describes the action potential of canabis in our bodies...
    Later after getting more comfy with the info I found out we make the same type cannabis compounds naturally in our bodies and essential fatty acids EFAs are the building blocks for such metabolism. finding a correct balance of EFAs in diet is each persons challenge... ingesting cannabis takes up for a lack of correctly proportioned lipids in our diets...
    phytocananbinoids in cannabis when ingested aid our cellular metabolism via lipid rafts and signal transduction that helps cells communicate with one another ( homeostasis) in the endocannabinoid system . we have of course identified two known cannabinoid receptors responsible for metabolizing cannabinoids. the first receptor "cb1" was found in brain and 'cb2" in the immune system, though cb2 accesses brain via back cross talk ( TRPV1).
    our cells consist of a phospholipid bi layer and in order for cells to make pro homeostasis endocannabinoid signals the cell cleaves off phosphotidal serine / choline and the enzymes ( NAPE / DAGL) in the cell start to instantly degrade that lipid into a crystalline structure that is capable of maintaining a receptor channel ( confirmation of change) so as to inform the interior of the cell to its' extracellular environment ( matrix).
    after initial metabolism MAGL / FAAH are end transporters.
    so ingesting phytocannabinoids provides us a form of plasticity in our cells... ligand gated / voltge gated channels that are there to inform cells.
    just an example here , it is predicted that each neuronal cell consists of 15,000 cannabinoid signals a second! 40 trillion or more cells each firing 15k cannabinoids a second almost one million signals a minute their entire lifespan. each depolarized G protein-coupled receptor signal touches the interior of the cell 7 times in the 7 trans membrane super family of receptors. those signals @ the endoplasmic reticulum ( ER ) activate PPAR and that cell hormone regulating enzyme transcribes those signals into gene regulating sequences ( more homeostasis ) . the entire endocananbinoid system exists to maintain every biological ligand that metabolizes as signals/ messages and plain out cell survival

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Of all the neurotransmitters in our body the endocannabinoids actively express as post to pre-synaptic transmissions ( bi-directional signalling) . endocannabinoid system is the only neurotransmitter system to fire retrograde signals as pro homeostasis modulators. cannabinoids toggle the modulated signal so as to maintain intracellular ion influx and Glutamate.

3. As Clear as Transparent Aluminum. :)
    [​IMG]

I occasionally dip very deep into both the plant-plants in general and how it affects our cells when a question will send me off on a general search and that leads ever deeper down the rabbit hole.

Spent most of yesterday on .edu and google scholar when a Flushing comment sent me looking into just how a plant constructs cells.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  4. I know right, I know exactly why we have cannabis [prohibition... because they did not have the internet back then LOL. though the more we rely on outside technology the more we forget ourselves in the process.. guess I'm taking up for that by looking into biological info through this medium... LOL
    please feel free to post heer4e anytime, ideas are always best shared.. peace

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. it is predicted that endocannabinoid tone builds up overnight when we sleep and are at rest... WE make /synthesize those endogenous cannabinoids @ the moment of need but the pre-cursors for cannabinoids are pulled from membrane lipids. we develop an endocannabinoid deficiency if not enough pre-cursor membrane bound lipids are there to metabolize....
    the supplemental form of cannabis is in how the phytocannabinoid serves as free formed signalling lipids already formed / shaped in the cannabis trichome ( lessened lack displacement , we do not self cleave as many phospholipids when exogenous formed structures are present) . we ingest that geometric shape and metabolize it into usable homeostasis signals. any lipophilic compound in the 100 to 500 nano mole range will be active in the endocannabinoid system... THC comes in @ 314 g/ mol and THCa is 347 g/mol....

6. I love cannabis education. Where do you find yourself reading Galaxy? I dive in to all the healing stories I can find to try to find connections between how people dose so I can learn. So I love Cannabis Health Radio because there are hundreds of stories of how people use cannabis to heal.

I'm also on a facebook sight where folks are telling their story. Called Cannabis Success Stories. Much to learn there although they bash Rick Simpson a bit for the whole Naptha things. It's like whatever, he did his best to heal his friends and himself. I commend him for getting this therapeutic dose rolling so we can perfect on it.

I like to get my politics from NormL. And I enjoy seeing the different news articles people put up here. My best medicinal leaning comes from Israel youtubes and articles and using cannabis on myself and making topicals for my friends.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I've been following any research on ECS from as many places as possible and have been fascinated by the biochemistry and bio-mimic type expression of phytocannabinoids mimicking our endogenous cannabinoids for homeostasis response. the more research I do the more it is shown how vital correct lipid signalling is for our survival and the bio-active phytocannabinoids serve a function unlike any other compounds we metabolize.
    I've never joined facebook and have steered somewhat away from media news and cannabis ( severely depressing sometimes and I do not need that). I find the greatest truth in pure expression leaving out all human emotional input and presenting in our face biological expression , reproducible , presented in full every time , no questions ETC....
    short of leaving clickable links plastered here I'll leave it kind of simple here for now... laughingmedicinewoman endocannabinoid system research is great reading... Assess The Health Of Your Endocannabinoid System - Laughing Medicine WomanLaughing Medicine Woman
    she has a few pages on ECS there... that is just one place that comes to mind and is not really the norm cannabis site ETC...

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. boosting how well our endocannabinoid system functions via toggling action in there with phytocannabinoids leads to people reversing conditions that before were life threatening... after that we can let up off the cannabis compounds somewhat but we still need to be mindful of how well our ECS is functioning over time and how best to benefit the system... cannabis is simply direct biological agents targeting ECS and adjusting ECS ETC.... a steady diet of omega three will boost ECS too providing lipid type fuel and structure for ECS to form signalling agents that perform pro homeostasis roles

• Like Like x 1
  9. please feel free to post any questions eTC.... , I am constantly re-asking re-evaluating , never sure in one thing ETC... I am simply amazed that more people are not interested in the inner workings and wanting to know more whats happening on the molecular level... I've always been fascinated with bio-activity or how we can aid our expression with exogenous compounds ETC

• Like Like x 1