Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabinoids/ USADA testing

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Jackson1234, May 18, 2022.

1. This is on the usada website

“THC is the only cannabinoid for which there is a urinary threshold and it is set at 150 ng/mL. The threshold means there can be some THC in your system in-competition without it causing a positive test, as long as the concentration in the urine is below 150 ng/mL. If the level of THC in your urine goes above the threshold, then the labs report it as a positive test.

There are no threshold limits for any other cannabinoid (natural or synthetic). All other cannabinoids (except cannabidiol) are prohibited in-competition in any amount, including natural cannabinoids (e.g., cannabigerol, cannabichromene, cannabinol, and others) and synthetic cannabinoids (e.g., cannabinoid compounds denoted by the initials “JWH” and a number, HU-210, K2/Spice, AB-PINACA, and many others).”

. While being clean for a week or so will get me under the 150ng /Ml threshold, it says that all other cannabinoids are prohibited in any amount. I am confused from this because even if an athlete gets clean by taking a break, how does one know he gets all the other cannabinoids out of his body? I read JWH gets out of your system in two days so that’s not an issue but I am thinking that all these other cannabinoids will have a longer detection time. Even if you get under the thc threshold you can still easily test for the dozens of other cannabinoids and get booted out. Also, I haven’t seen or read about any athlete get caught for having any of these cannabinoids in the body. Am I reading this correct? Thank you

2. Any insights?