Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabinoid exposure

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Hohane, Jun 22, 2013.

1. I've been watch different documentaries and varies videos but by no means consider myself an expert. My question is this. If our body is programmed to receive cannabinoids do we produce it and or some variant of it? And if we do, would prolonged use of an external source cause our body to stop using it?

2. #2 Drugs Bunny, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2013
    Our endocannabinoid system controls every system in our body, digestive system, imune system, you name it. Our body does produce compounds that interact with the cannabinoid receptors (CB1 & CB2 if i'm not mistaken) which are everywhere in our body apart from in the brain stem (meaning you can't OD as you wont stop breathing). Compounds like leptin control hunger and yes prolonged abuse could lead your body into producing less of these compounds which may cause things such as loss of appetite but after stopping usage it would return to regular levels within a few days.

I'm very high, may have named a few things wrong :)