Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabidiol can be used as anti-phsycotic??

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by HeadySpaghetti, Feb 21, 2010.

1. So I was just reading into Antipsychotic's on wikipedia for some random reason, after reading about the movie Shutter Island, and I came across this, which I found very suprising and was the first time I've ever heard this before..

"

2. In the 60s the US gov was experimenting with LSD as a weapon and later Bz, a much stronger chemical than lsd and successfully weaponized it. CBD along with some other cannibinoids are amongst the few anti-Bz chemicals. check it out on wikipedia.

3. Yes, it can!!!!!!!!!! :)

4. #4 Storm Crow, Feb 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2010
    There is a whole big section on Cannabidiol/CBD in my "Granny Storm Crow's MMJ Reference List" (Linked below) Take a look at it- pretty amazing stuff!

Cannabidiol, a Cannabis sativa constituent, as an antipsychotic drug
    Brazilian Journal of Medical and Biological Research - Cannabidiol, a Cannabis sativa constituent, as an antipsychotic drug

Cannabidiol as an antipsychotic. A double-blind, controlled clinical trial on cannabidiol vs. amisulpride in acute schizophrenia.
    Clinical Studies and Case Reports

Modulation of effective connectivity during emotional processing by Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol.
    Modulation of effective connectivity during emotio... [Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2009] - PubMed result

Opposite Effects of Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol and Cannabidiol on Human Brain Function and Psychopathology.
    Unbound MEDLINE | Opposite Effects of Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol and Cannabidiol on Human Brain Function and Psychopathology. Journal article

Effects of cannabidiol on amphetamine-induced oxidative stress generation in an animal model of mania.
    Unbound MEDLINE | Effects of cannabidiol on amphetamine-induced oxidative stress generation in an animal model of mania. Journal article

(Today's lesson )

THC gets you high and is a lot of fun. It also is useful for healing, or treating, many conditions.

CBD won't get you high, but will calm you down. I think it may turn out to be even more useful medically than THC.

From what I've read, both THC and CBD come from the same precursor chemical. The plant's genetics decides whether this chemical is turned into THC or CBD or a mixture of the two.

Because we like the high, we have been selectively breeding for THC. It's easy enough to test for- even in the most primitive conditions. You smoke it, and if it gets you high, you keep the seeds. If not, it's chicken food! The selective breeding our "smoking pot" for THC genes has come at the expense of the CBD genes. :(

CBD has much more subtle effects. It is hard to breed for- you can't just take a couple puffs and decide!

But the fiber and seed strains, grown and preserved by farmers everywhere (except America), have been bred for fiber strength and oil content. THC vs CBD has been totally ignored, so high CBD strains are still with us. We just have to identify them. I think the medical use of non-psychoactive cannabinoids may be a major "boom industry" in the near future. It's how "Big Pharma" will survive the loss of business (pain killers, sleep aids, anti-nauseants, etc) that cannabis will bring.

Granny :wave:

(had a "Magic Muffin" this morning! Can you tell? ;) LOL)

5. letter below is what i was working on to send to health authority

I'm 38 years old, I have very nearly died 3 times due to a killer sleep disorder national health authorities don't recognise as existing, I'm also being ignored by health authorities and governments because I say cannabis cures me of this killer disorder. I had to resort to this self cure because health authority and government ignore my letters and claims and never once tried to give me any treatment for this killer sleep disorder. I also suffer from another kind of killer sleep disorder, sleep-walking which cannabis also has to cure me of because health authority did not give me any kind of treatment when I asked for help.
    I have very nearly died 3 times because of sleep paralysis related breathing difficulties, but health authority wont help me so I had to help myself with cannabis. Most medical users of cannabis use it to better their life, me I'm using it to protect mine.
    People are being killed by sleep paralysis related breathing difficulties, health authorities don't accept this disorder exists even when there are scientific papers on the net which claim many people to have suffered from breathing difficulties during an attack of sleep paralysis. Health authorities have known for decades that people have had breathing difficulties during sleep paralysis attacks but don't look as though they do much about it. This is another area of the supernatural interfering with peoples lives, body and soul which it is of paramount importance to health authorities and governments in continuing to misdiagnose these people to be psychotic in imagining these attacks to be of unknown origin intelligence/lifeforms, while health authorities tell us its just some elaborate dream.
    A patients belief of where the attacks originate from should not be being used by health authorities to determine a persons mental capability or dysfunction, or what treatment is given out, only the effects of the attack should be considered as having any basis on what treatment they give out. But it is of every department of the health authorities to have procedures in place around any person claiming to have experienced any kind of supernatural event to be diagnosed as being mentally ill and given treatment accordingly if the doctors believe they should. So what are the treatments they give out, I'm not exactly sure of them all but I know they rush to give out brain activity limiting drugs, to kids as well. Patients who could on their own cope with their experiences but had asked the health authority for help, who themselves then go all secretive and defensives towards hiding and protecting their miss-diagnoses, and in many cases giving out dangerous brain activity limiting drugs which the full side effects of are not known.
    The genius's from a certain high profile high intellect group I've spoke to about these matters have told me this, “ Until health authorities can make a human brain they will never understand it fully, therefore they should never be giving out brain activity limiting drugs.”

I 3 times very nearly died of sleep paralysis related breathing difficulties, I cant remember it occurring as a baby but my nurse mother does, I stopped breathing for near to 3 mins, stopped moving and went purple in colour in the head, neck and chest areas. I know this was due to sleep paralysis related breathing difficulties cause two times as an adult I was very lucky to survive 2 similar attacks.
    I'm 38 years old and have suffered from sleep paralysis and sleep walking since as long as I can remember. As a 5 to 12 year old it occurred every night for weeks, sometimes months, or just a few nights a week. Getting older it became less frequent but still always present, occurring every night a week , or a few nights a week, or once or twice, it not occurring on a weekly basis was very rare. There was never a pattern to notice that I could use to determine when to expect my next attack.
    Sleep walking was rare, I recall 4 episodes, my mum recalls 2 others. I haven't sleep walked since I was in my 20s but the sleep paralysis persists, if I stop smoking cannabis
    In 2002 I very nearly died due to a sleep paralysis attack which prevented me from breathing for more than a minute. I awoke frozen and unable to open or move my eyes, sometimes during attacks I can open my eyes and either move or not move them, and sometimes I cannot open them but can move them. During this attack in 2002 I couldn't open or move my eyes so immediately knew it was going to be a bad one. I heard a voice too, it was audible and speaking a foreign language in a threatening tone to me, a woman's ‘croaky/witchy' threatening tone. I never recognised the language she was using but I did recognise my first name of Magnus in one sentence of threats. I'm 38 years old and have only ever heard audible voices on 2 occasions, both occasions where during a sleep paralysis attack and speaking foreign language I didn't understand. It would be impossible for me to hear audible foreign language I don't understand without unknown origin people being present, or unknown sources. The NHS will say I imagined the voices but you wont believe that unprofessional misdiagnoses because it was foreign language I didn't recognise.
    Anyways, this attack in 2002, as soon as I started generating interested emotions to this woman's presence due to wanting to know who she was, the attack took a violent turn. Something was being ripped out of my chest, it felt like my heart and lungs due to the immense pain it caused but was probably her attempt to rip out my soul. With every pull out of the near centre of my chest my body violently raised up off the bed, with the exception of my feet, lower arms and head which stayed on the bed. The violent pulls where about one every 0.7 seconds, I was in enormous pain, much more than any other ive suffered and ive had really bad migraines to be able to scale next to those pain levels.
    After about 30 seconds of these enormous pains and violent movements of my body the pulls became stronger, more violent, faster and more painful, now occurring about one every 0.3 of a second. Shortly after this turn for the worst I realised I hadn't inhaled since waking up, the build up of pain in my head, chest, neck and face due to not inhaling made me notice I hadn't inhaled since waking. I tried to inhale but when I did a violent pull/rip out of my chest prevented me from doing so, I kept trying for near to 20 or 30 seconds but couldn't get one in.
    I'm a progressed shaman which is why I get targeted in these ways by this dodgy life form who resembled the old hag from the papers mentioning old hag syndrome. (IE sleep paralysis) Since I hadn't been able to breath in for over a minute my nice spiritual contacts got in touch with me in telepathic ways (as is the usual for our rare talks), she told me the only way I would be able to breath in was to time an inhale between two pulls of my chest, but the pulls where so fast, strong and violent I couldn't time it right so was really getting very stressed and scared by this time, and the build up of pain due to not breathing in was escalating and so was the pain of the rips out from the middle of my chest. My spiritual friend then told me I had to clam down, relax, compose myself and start from the beginning again, so that I tried to do during an attack which was causing the exact opposite. After about 10 seconds of building my will power back up and trying to relax I kept trying to time an inhale in-between two pulls, after 4 or 5 attempts I managed to grab a very small inhale during the very small gap in-between two violent pulls/rips. I call it a pull or rip cause it was pulling my body violently off the bed, with a feeling of something being pulled out of my chest on top of a ripping pain coming out from my chest middle. So I grabbed one very small inhale, and then after about 5 or so more attempts managed to grab another very small inhale in-between two pulls, as soon as I did the attack ceased instantly in a way to suggest she wanted me dead via me not being able to breath in.
    I was totally able to move now so quickly walked to the kitchen to make a cup of tea. About 4 or 5 days later stabbing pains started to begin, in every area of my torso, one here, then another somewhere else, and another, sometimes 2 or 3 at the same time. As each day passed they became more painful and more in number, till after about a week and a half when they began to slow down in number, speed and pain levels, till about 3 weeks after the attack when they ceased all together.
    I spoke to my doctor, Neil Joseph of the Minden medical centre, bury, Lancashire, I asked for help with sleep paralysis but he told me there is no known cure.
    Later that year when sleeping in the back of my van In a sleeping bag, I awoke able to move normally but unable to breath in or exhale. The pain in my head, chest, face and neck was worse than during the sleep paralysis attack, I think that must have been the reason behind me waking up. I was in the sleeping bag with it tied above my head, so my head was stuck in it. I was panicking gasping for air but fumbled with the chord and was unable to loosen the knot. Again thoughts entered my mind as though they weren't my own, she told me I had to again calm down, compose myself, build up my will power then start again with the knot. So I calmed myself down, stopped panicking, then built up my will till trying with the knot again. This time I managed to loosen it, quickly sat upright again and pulled my head out of the sleeping bag but still couldn't breath in, so quickly I reached for the van doors and only when they where fully open was I able to inhale.
    I initially thought this moment was due to me using up the oxygen supply in the back of van and inhaling carbon dioxide, but if that was the case I would have been able to inhale and exhale, but I could do neither. I wasn't paralysed, I had total control of every part of my body, including chest and neck muscles I just couldn't inhale or exhale. This couldn't have been sleep apnoea, I was moving about in my sleeping bag, turning over and sitting upright, moving my head, chest and neck, if it was sleep apnoea I would have been able to inhale and exhale after sitting upright.
    So ever since this moment I resorted to the cure I stumbled upon because the NHS (national health service) wouldn't help me when I asked for help. When I enquired with my doctor about treatment for these sleep disorders when he said there is no known cure I told him cannabis cures me, but he frowned back at me, and also looked at me in a way to suggest he didn't want to speak of this. He cant even recall our conversation about my sleep walking and sleep paralysis, probably cause he probably believed cannabis had caused me to believe I had these attacks but where really an imagination caused by cannabis. But these attacks have never occurred whenever I was using cannabis, the attacks began when I was 4 all the way through my childhood till when I was 15 and smoking cannabis they ceased, the attacks returned at 22 when I stopped smoking cannabis, stopped again when I a couple of years later started smoking again, and then started again in 2002 when I had stopped smoking cannabis again. Maybe the attacks had been occurring as a baby too, I was only one or two when I stopped breathing and froze for near to 3 minutes.
    Cannabis does not cause psychosis in me, no matter what you believe of me claiming to be a progressed shaman cannabis always prevents spiritual and supernatural occurrences in my life and soul, all my psychic and spiritual experiences cease totally or near to when I'm on cannabis, when I stop smoking it they return and escalate.
    No matter what you're belief of my psychic, spiritual and supernatural experiences, that is not the reason for this enquiry and letter, my and you're concern is me waking up not being able to breath and my sleep walking and sleep paralysis, which have never once occurred during times when I was using cannabis but do occur when im off the drug.
    There are scientific papers on the internet which clearly state many people have reported breathing difficulties during sleep paralysis attacks, they where the lucky ones who survived a less intense and less violent attack, I am 100% certain many people will not have survived similar such attacks I have endured. For one during the chest ripping episode the fright levels where enough to prevent me or anybody else suffering them from breathing, as well as the fright levels which could cause heart attacks, then the actual pulls/yanks/rips also prevented me from breathing. People are dying from these attacks, I am 100% certain of this cause I am the only expert on sleep paralysis health authorities speak to. Doctors and nurses are not experts on symptoms and disorders, they are experts on giving out treatments and diagnosing, the only experts on symptoms and disorders are the sufferers.
    I was very lucky to survive twice, some older folk will no way be able to survive, also the same being for kids and babies.
    In 2002 I got caught by the police growing cannabis, and now I am using cannabis cause I don't want to endure another life threatening situation which the NHS refuses to help me with……….