Canna Smurf's medical smurfberries!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Canna Smurf, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Veg plants need watered tomorrow. They had a significant growth spurt after the last feeding(splash of maxicrop, pinch of fish powder, and a pinch of epsom salts). I will take cuttings within the next week from the veg plants with an additional transplant into 5 gallon buckets.

The clone dome has had the vents open slightly more each day the last couple days. The vents are now half open. the cuttings need re-whetted tomorrow. I anticipate roots in the next week.

The bloom room is ready to be flowered. They are now about 8 inches below the hood with an additional 18 inches above the hood if I need it. I was going to flip them into blooming at noon today but I couldn't wake up that early. They are getting flipped tonight at midnight instead.

• Like Like x 1
  2. The plants didn't need watered today and the cubes didn't need dunked yet either. Pretty much didn't have anything to do in the garden today. Tomorrow will be another story.

3. The smaller veg plants weren't watered today as the soil was still moist. Today I took 21 clones from the 10 plants(3 from each line) and topped the plants that didn't donate cuts.

Under the clone dome there are those 21 cuttings along with the cuts from last week(~15-20 from 5 mothers). They weren't rooted yet and got a second dunk in water.

In the bloom room the plants need watered and tonight will get watered with some amendments(high phosphorus bat guano, recharge, and maxicrop with iron).

video tomorrow!

4. The plants under the veg 1kw are doing well after donating cuttings. I took 3x cuttings from each of the most vigorous of each variety ending up with 21 new cuttings. They are in a misted dome under 2x 40w floro lights. The veg plants will be transplanted within a week and then given 5 days to recover from the transplant before going into the bloom room. I need to buy more buckets for this transplant

The older cuttings are hardening off. I still see no roots but they aren't anticipated until after 10-14 days(currently day 8 or 9). I will have to move all the veg plants into bloom real soon to make room.

The bloom plants are doing ok. They are a little taller everyday. Today was the first day that I saw any fungus gnats. I will need a new solution for them as the old no pest strips quit working in both rooms. The plants are getting roughed up by the oscillating fan so I moved it back a bit from the plants.

Current plans:
    1. move the spare HPS bulb into the veg room until the veg plants are ready for the bloom room.
    2. address the fungus gnats.
    3. give a phosphorus feed to the bloom plants when I water next.
    4. call the Heavy T grow show on wednesday to get another opinion about my ventilation.

5. some of the new cuttings are flopping over for some reason. I will investigate that closer tonight. Otherwise the garden is good.

I made an estimate for how much the new power lines will cost. The total should be approximately 115 dollars plus tax. I will be running 4 circuits into the bloom room and two new ones into the veg room. These are to handle the lights while leaving the existing outlets in the room to be used for AC come summertime.

Today I plan on moving/raising the exit fan in the bloom room so that there is more room against that wall for a couple hydro tables.

6. Two of the cuttings wilted due to an air leak in the clone dome and didn't recover. If the third dies then the mother won't be bloomed(white rhino hybrid). The other clones are good right now. None have appeared to root yet though.

Today I watered the veg room with just water with a little recharge in it. They are doing well. I have to help someone move over the weekend so the repotting will likely be done tomorrow. This will give the plants roughly a week to recover from the transplant before being put into bloom.

Today the bloom room got watered with water that had a pinch of azomite, a pinch of steamed bone meal, a pinch of kelp meal and some recharge. I also got some of the extra organic mix and put that on as a top dressing.

I also did some chores in the bloom room yesterday. I put the charcoal filter on a stack of three milk crates after moving its location in the room. The window that is used for the venting has a fabric drape and horizontal blinds. I opened the blinds to allow for easier air flow. After putting the new ducting up I was able to turn the fan speed up from half speed to 2/3 speed easily. I also emptied the used organic mix from the 5 gallon buckets into a couple rubbermaid tubs. I should have enough soil between what I have made, the old organic mix, and half a promix bale.

Tomorrow transplants into the 5 gallon buckets and a video!

7. Found the Method Seven glasses but they were too dirty to work with my camera. This will be remedied soon!

The veg was watered yesterday and I like to water the plants with SuperThrive after a transplant. It is looking like it will likely happen Friday this week. The plan is to put 6 plants into bloom under a 1000w hps when the plants recover from the transplanting. I am leaving 4 behind in veg to further training to fill a third 1000w hps within the month. Just need the power fixed first.

There appear to be four clone failures in the last batch due to faulty/bent side vents on the clone dome. Switching to a better hood was no help. I will discard them tonight and report tomorrow on what was culled.

8. Today I culled one of the wilted plants as the other wilted plants have recovered a bit.

The pots are still wet in the veg room so I am leaning against transplanting today but might still anyways. The back up plan is to do the transplanting on Monday instead.

The bloom room has grown maybe 3 inches in the last day. I will have to raise the light sometime this weekend.

9. Today I did six of the transplants(the largest plants). They went into 5 gallon buckets. The other four will be done when they are ready. I am already doing the transplants a little early to open up room in the vegetative area.

The first batch of clones haven't rooted yet and need another dipping in water. I will add superthrive this time. The second batch of clones are doing great and only needed a dome spritz.

I raised the bloom light two chain links(approximately 4 inches.) The plants are doing fine. I cleaned up most of the bottoms but still have the ones in the back to finish doing this to. They will likely need watering tomorrow.

10. Yesterday I transplanted 6 of the veg plants into 5 gallon buckets to prepare for blooming. Only one root ball gave issues so they were generally ready for the transplant.

The other 4 veg plants will continue to get bushed out and then bloomed when they are able to take up the footprint for a 1000w HPS.

The older cuttings still haven't rooted so I think there was an issue with the rooting hormone as everything else was done right. I have rooted cuttings with just wet cubes before so I know they will still root nevertheless.

The newer cuttings are looking wilted again and will get re-whetted today.

The bloom plants are continuing to stretch as expected during week two. There don't appear to be any deficiencies to speak of right now. From here on out they will be getting my organic bloom formula of steamed bone meal, kelp meal, and recharge.

11. No major changes today in the garden. If anything I will cull another clone or two from the newer flat due to wilting after getting re-whetted and given a day to perk up.

12. Today everything was dry in the veg room. They will all get watered with epsom salts, maxicrop and fish powder. Still no news on the clones. I am hoping to be able to buy some more seeds this month. Leaning towards buying Bog's BogBubble as it has grown well in the past and has a delicious grape bubblegum flavor. I need to clean a little bit in the bloom room but the plants are doing fine on their own and don't need any watering today. Today I scrapped a couple small sheets of wafer board which will be the top surface of the hydro table. They just need cut to size.

Tomorrow a video!

13. The transplanted veg plants grew roughly an inch over the last day. I will wait until they explode with vigor to put then in the bloom room. The ones that weren't transplanted are looking fine. One of them(the tallest) was trained flat and is really starting to get wide.

Update from video: Roots are starting to form for the older cuttings and they were re-whetted today. The younger cuttings had a couple get culled last night and the rest are looking fine.

In the bloom room, the plants continue their stretch. It is the very beginning of the third week. The two in the back were dry and got a watering today that included steamed bone meal, supercharge, and a bit of kelp meal.

14. The bloom plants continue to stretch and I raised the light a couple chain links. They are almost at the end of their second week of flower. This is a correction to the video yesterday. I am considering putting a couple of the plants on milk crates.

The veg plants in the 5 gallon buckets grew another inch today. I am still holding out for a vegetative burst to put them into the bloom room. If it continues to grow one inch a day for the next few days I will just put them into bloom on the first.

The veg plants in the popcorn buckets are doing fine. They probably need a transplant into the large totes to continue bushing out. This morning I woke to the light being off above these plants. Troubleshooting said it was something with the ballast so it was swapped out for the spare one. I do need to get this fixed ASAP to keep the current schedule going.

The older clones were starting to show roots when I re-whetted the cubes the other day. I am excited to have them finally show some life. The younger clones are doing fine since I culled a couple of them a couple days ago.

15. Culled a male from the bloom room and its clones. It was a Bedrock Boogie male and would have been a great male had I any interest in one. I don't think there will be any seed in this crop because it was caught early, none of the pollen sacks were opened, and there is hardly any flower material in the bloom room at the moment. The four remaining plants are most certainly female.

The 5 gallon veg plants are doing ok. One inch of growth a day is what they are doing. They are on track for being put into bloom on the first. The shorter veg plants are also doing fine and continuing to be trained to bush out.

The clone domes look a little less crowded with the male cuttings removed. They don't need re-dipped today but might tomorrow.

16. The four plants in the popcorn buckets will get transplanted into totes early next week. They are doing well with the bush style taming. The veg plants that were in 5 galon buckets grew about 3 inches last night so they are moved into the bloom room now.

The older cuttings are showing some roots but not enough to warrant moving them into the 6" pots yet. All the cuttings will be getting a dipping tonight to re-whet them.

I now have 10 plants under 2000w in the bloom room. I moved the brightest bulbs into the bloom area as well.

Here is to hoping I get the electricity project done this weekend as I will need that one light to be able to get turned on for the cuttings when they root.

17. Today the plants are all doing well. The only thing I have to work on was the temperature in the veg room. It has been measured in my room at 56 degrees F to 68 degrees F since that plastic fell off of my window that was behind the panda film. I will tape up the bottom of the panda and see if that helps reduce the amount of cold air coming in through the windows.

18. after taping up the panda plastic that covered the windows, I got the soil temperature to raise to 65F. That is about ten degrees warmer than it was before the fix. Tonight I will be watering the bloom plants with kelp meal, azomite and high phosphorus guano. I may need to re-dip the clones. I haven't looked at them yet. The veg transplants might happen tonight.

Today for the garden I went shopping! Bought a 1000w HPS bulb, some trellis netting, a bag of perlite, and a kg bag of high phosphorus seabird guano from the local grow shop. I also bought a couple no-pest strips to handle the fungus gnats along with a thermometer/hygrometer from Home Depot.

19. The vegetative plants that I have been training are filling up the 1000w HID light footprint pretty well now. They are starting to yellow on the bottom leaves again so I know they are ready for a transplant again. They will get watered after the transplant tonight.

The cuttings are doing fine but I fear are slowed down by the low temperatures the last couple days. There are some roots but not enough for transplanting into 6" pots yet.

The newer bloom plants were watered last night and are blowing up. They are still in week 1 of bloom but the stretch has already started.

The older plants in the bloom area are slowing down their stretch. They are early in week 3 and are turning on flower production.

20. Last night I transplanted the four bushes in veg into large totes. Each plant got their own pot. They were all ready for the transplant. I accidentally lost a branch on one of the plants though. They will continue to veg until they fill a large footprint.

The younger cuttings haven't rooted yet but look strong. The older cuttings have some that are nearly ready for being potted.

The older bloom plants got watered last night with high phosphorus seabird guano, kelp meal, azomite and recharge. The younger bloom plants are looking strong. They will need watered tomorrow.

I will find out tomorrow or the next day when my brother plans on building the electrical circuits.