Canna Smurf's medical smurfberries!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Canna Smurf, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Dang, you have a decent army of plants huh? How many times do you usually transplant?

2. I usually start with solo cups then graduate to popcorn buckets before finally going into 5 gallon buckets for bloom. In the future I will forego the popcorn buckets and use 3 gallon buckets instead now that I have 6" pots.

Today I topped a couple more plants. Now the tallest plant has been getting bushy since getting topped about 5 days ago. The leftmost three plants are now also topped. I crushed the stems of the six biggest plants to make them more sturdy. The Agent Orange plants might need transplanting despite not being as tall as the others as the bottom leaves are starting to look bad. One of the seeds popped but I am waiting for it to have a longer tail to plant it. After being ready to transplant from the popcorn buckets the plants will go into three gallon pots. I am trying to save on soil costs without holding the plants back with the frequent transplanting because the plants aren't expressing sex traits yet.

3. I notice in the begining of your nov 9 update you put a lense infront to your view-finder to mask to lighting & give a clear view of what your capturing with your camera.. is their a film/lense/filter to mask blurples so when pics are taken theyll look clearer than just so much blurple everywhere??

4. I was using HPS method seven glasses in front of the camera. I don't know if they have glasses specific for blurples but they do have LED lenses available.

Five of the seeds have short tails so will wait until tomorrow to put them into soil. The garden doesn't look drastically different today as I topped a few more of the plants. I will likely cull the runt today or tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  5. straight water today for all the plants. There are some early signs of overfertilizing such as crispy older leaves and slight clawing on one of the plants. Caught very early so no problems.

I am very impressed with the AK2 plant. All the bottom nodes caught up to the top two nodes and it is presumptively female. Will inspect later this week to confirm. The other plants aren't showing any sign of sex yet.

Planting some of the beans today as the tails are longer.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I bought 6x three gallon pots for the next stage of transplanting. I already had 3x three gallon smart pots so this should be plenty.

Yesterday all but one seed was popped. They are transplanted into 6" pots filled halfway with organic mix and then topped off with promix bx. The new plants are under the florescent light now. Today the final seed popped but I am waiting for it to have a longer tail. The new varieties are TGA Teflon Don and TGA Bedrock Boogie.

All the plants in popcorn buckets are topped now. The younger plants that haven't been put into buckets yet are showing some leaf discoloration so they are likely ready for transplant. The runt is culled now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Today I planted the last seed which is the #5 pheno of Bedrock Boogie. The other seeds have all sprouted above the soil line and have their seed husk still. For this round of seeds I will be more hesitant to remove the husk than I was last round. Admittedly I rushed the last round of seeds to the detriment of the plants.

All the other plants still have some weight to the buckets so will wait to water until tonight or tomorrow. Everything has been transplanted into the popcorn buckets yesterday. One of them had a weaker root ball and some of the soil broke free during the process. All the rest were ready for it. Today I had to put the fan on a bucket so it would blow at all the plants.

• Like Like x 2
  8. watering everything today with some recharge put into the water. Everything is going well in the garden. Seed husks are still on the seedlings. Rotated some of the bigger plants to help keep them upright and out of each other's shadow.

9. All the plants under the 1000w HPS have been transplanted a day or two ago. One had the rootball break so it didn't get topped like the others. The AK2 pheno is ready for cuttings but this won't happen as there is no room under the florescent lamps.

All but one of the seedlings are above the soil line and two of the Teflon Don have dropped their seed husks already. So far so good.

When the seedlings start to show their true leaves, they will be moved to the 150w HPS fixture, which will be changed up to another 1000w HPS as the plants mature.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Today I did a deep watering of everything under the 1000w HPS with compost tea(just kelp and worm castings this time.) I rearranged a couple plants for better light distribution as well as putting more compost mix on the top of the pots. The AK2 has some discolored leaves at the bottom so I am uncertain if it is deficiency or root stress. If it continues for another day or two I will transplant into a 3 gallon pot.

The seedlings are doing well. I still can't find the Bedrock Boogie #5 pheno as it hasn't risen over the soil line yet. Everything else is looking much like it did yesterday. All the seedlings got a light watering as the soil was starting to dry up.

11. The discoloration of leaves on the AK2 hasn't progressed today so I am still waiting to transplant it.

The seedlings with one exception have come out of the soil. One of them hasn't dropped its seed husk yet but all the others have. I consider that an improvement over the last round of seeds. The first true leaves are still small so I wait until tomorrow to move them to the 150w HPS. I ran a heavy duty extension cord from another circuit for it already.

The laundry is getting done, I promise! :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. 9/10 seeds sprouted and dropped their seed husks. Some are starting to develop their first true leaves and they are all under the 150w HPS now.

The larger plants are starting to bush out more so I spread them out more and rotated the plants. I moved the fan a little further from the plants as there was some leaf stress from the fan on a couple of the plants that were most near the fan.

The Afghani Kush pheno #2 is ready for cuttings while the others need more time. I will wait to transplant until the cuttings have rooted. After the shock of transplanting is over I will put it into bloom. Tentatively this will take place around December 1st.

13. yesterday I transplanted one of the Cheesequake into a 3 gallon pot. It was barely early for this but the root ball stayed intact. I will take cuttings from the larger plants tomorrow. I plan on taking cuttings from six of the plants prior to transplanting into 5 gallon buckets. I am hoping to fill the light as much as possible from a 1000w HPS with 3-4 females while keeping clones for another generation. The Afghani Kush #1 pheno got watered today with a bit of superthrive in the water in preparation for cuttings. The other pots weren't as dry yet as that one so they didn't get it yet. Maybe tonight after thanksgiving dinner.

Everything is going well with the seedlings. The last one never came up but is still under the florescent lighting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Taking cuttings tonight after returning home from a night out with friends. Everything is watered with water and superthrive. I will be doing the cuttings with Dyna-gro KLN rooting hormone which contains two rooting hormones and they will be going into rapid rooter plugs. Tentatively plants will be transplanted into five gallon buckets upon recovery from the cutting process in about 3-4 days. I will continue vegetative growth with the ones in five gallon buckets in the bloom room as I have nothing blooming yet. Hopefully can get them switched into 12/12 on the first of December.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Video tomorrow when there is more to see.

I am set up to do the cuttings and will do so in a few minutes as the cubes need to soak in the rooting hormone longer. I am taking cuttings from the AK1, AK2, SOS2, SOS3, WR2, and AO2 phenos. I would have done this earlier but the plants needed watering and time to suck up the water. I am hoping for 3-4 females when the six plants are put into bloom next week.

All the seedlings are showing their first true leaves.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Yesterday I did the cuttings as planned. I took two cuts from six of the plants. Everything went as planned.

The larger plants are recovering from me taking the cuttings and will continue to do this for another couple days. Then they will be transplanted into 5 gallon buckets in preparation for bloom.

The seedlings needed watered today. One in the back had its root exposed slightly when I watered. The root was looking thin so I hope it was from the plant being dry and not dampening off. It wasn't discolored so I am betting on it just being dry.

The cuttings are looking good. Just after the video was made I aired out the dome and resprayed the dome interior for humidity.

• Like Like x 1
  17. adding to the village is always good.

ive been slowing workin at it too. idk if your interested or anybody esle were bring back the solo challenge for sum fun filled community socializing even if ya dont wanna try it still a cool place to bullshit and such. Link is in my signature

• Like Like x 1
  18. getting a late start at the day. I plan on making a double batch of organic mix to do transplants into the 5 gallon buckets in a day or two. The larger plants need watered again. The one plant that was younger than the others and lagging behind has caught up to the canopy. The true leaves are larger on the seedlings so they might have taken the top dressing of organic mix well. Will try to take cuttings tonight as well on the remaining larger plants as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. sweet its nice when things are working, and coming around!

• Like Like x 1
  20. I am disabled and need my brother's help with transplanting. He has been asleep for hours so I couldn't get it done today. Will still try to get cuttings done today.

• Like Like x 1