Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe Canna-Peanut Butter- Simplest Edible Ever

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by SmokeeTheBear, Oct 13, 2009.

1. I live in a rec state, and my favorite edibles are these little glass vials of decarbed bud that add up to 50mg(the per package limit for rec.) They have all kinds of chocolates and drinks and gummies and taffy and crap now, but this stuff(called "Pot Shots" in Oregon) is only $15/50mg when the chocolates and drinks are almost always $25-30, and you can add it to literally ANYTHING. Are there things you can add it to that will make it more potent? Sure. But I've had them on some pretty lean days and gotten a decent buzz.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Some people, but not all, claim that lecithin allows the body absorb the cannabinoids better. Make sure that you eat something oily along with the herb, and that your stomach isn't overly full. The same edible eaten on consecutive days by the same person can have dramatically different effects depending on what was eaten with it, how we feel, how sleepy we are, etc. I'd mix it with nut butter or nutella.

3. I ALWAYS eat edibles on an empty stomac followed by a full meal after eating it for the best results.

4. I feel like my comment made it fairly clear that I'm not an idiot and know this. Particularly the part where I said I know this...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Can I use coconut oil instead of peanut butter? I know it will taste nasty but I can't get PB right now and I really want to try some edibles.I know it will probably taste like sht but I don't care I just want to try getting high from edibles lol. I think I could mix the coconut oil with coffee and have a nice drink and get high would this work? Or should I be patient and get PB and then try

6. Ok I will probably just wait until I get PB, but should I decarb weed before I mix it with PB? What I mean is should I decarb weed and then follow the instructions in first post?

7. Without decarb, the herb won't be potent. Decarb for 40 min @ 240 F using an accurate oven thermometer, grind to powder, and mix with ANYTHING oily, including coconut oil. Make sure it's well mixed every time before using, because about half the medicine is still in the ground plant matter. Coconut oil can solidify at room temp, so I've switched to avocado. It might get stronger over time.

8. I think you didn't quite understand what I meant. In the tutorial weed is not decarbed by itself but instead mixed with peanut butter and then decarbed. I was wondering whether I have to decarb weed alone for like ~20 minutes at like 240 degrees, then mix it with coconut oil/peanut butter/whatever fatty/oily and put the mixture in oven for another 24 minutes at 320 degrees as said in tutorial.

Tutorial doesn't show decarbing weed on it's own before mixint with peanut butter so I'm wondering should I do that or not.

9. I don't remember that tutorial, but anything more complicated than Decarb, Grind, Eat is unnecessary for people who don't mind slight herb taste. DECARB FIRST BEFORE MIXING WITH ANYTHING OILY. You can even try this with 1/4 gram herb. And dosing is very easy. Just keep track of how much original herb goes into how many servings, and estimate thc content from that, assuming good 15% herb. For example, users of 1/2 gram doses will get around (0.15)*(500 mg) = 75 mg thc. I add 7 grams nutella for each gram herb, to produce final doses of 8 g infused nutella, that yields those 75 mg doses. The decarb of 240 F for 40 min is well established as being optimal, but there is no consensus that I know of on in-oil decarb times/temps, so I avoid decarbs in oil.

10. ok so I made my first ever thc edibles with nutella :)
    Can't try it right now since I have to get some sleep and do some errands in the morning (it's 3:40 am right now where I live), but I should be able to ingest them in around 12 hours.

11. Edibles can take 1-2 hours to kick in, and might last 5-8 hours.

12. in 11 hours I will have 72 hours of no responsibilities, can't wait. I'm super excited. The edible looks beautiful to my non-expert first-timer eye. Maybe will post some pics tomorrow (or maybe day after tomorrow if I get too high lmao).
    I added 1.01 g of weed + a bit more. Will eat all in one sitting on empty stomach as other have suggested here (won't eat anything after waking up).

Idk how potent weed is because there is no legal way to obtain it in my country and I haven't been in countries like USA or Amsterdam and get confirmed potent asf mary jane there and find out what top tier weed really is like. I have also never tried hash/dabs etc., just regular herb because getting anything other than that is damn near impossible (for me at least).

13. Careful. That 1 g will contain about 150 mg thc if it's good 15% herb, so it might knock you into paranoia-land. Let us know how you like it.

14. I'm a fighter hahaha, this is what I usually say in situations like this. Maybe I will regret it later but I like challenges lol. My friend who never smokes promised to spend time with me tomorrow so I think I should be able to avoid paranoia although it is hard to predict since I expect to be higher than ever (or at least in a really long time).

If I'm in the right mood I would like to go for a cycle with him, which is what I really love to do when I'm high. Just enjoy all the different sceneries and nature and get some fresh air and be with your thoughts with no distractions.

15. I hope the sh*t I write makes sense because I'm super high right now and english isn't my native language on top of that lol

16. I did this the other night! I took some organic peanut butter (with the layer of oil on the top) and mixed it with about 3g of ABV. Put it on a toasted bagel and it blew me from sober to like an 11. I only used 2/3 of it as well so I can make another one in the future

17. Hmm would be eating 2/3 first and then if I feel like I can handle it eat the rest 1/3 be a good idea? I heard many people feel either nothing or get high asf from edibles depending if there is enough thc in them or not, therefore I'm afraid that eating 1/3 later won't be enough to produce any extra high if I feel like 2/3 is not enough.

On top of that some people have made PB from 0.6-0.7g (which is around 2/3 of what I put) and don't get high at all or get high a little bit, so I think I should eat the whole thing in one sitting. This doesn't scare me although it possibly cannot since I don't know as of yet what it feels to be too high on edibles.

18. if first time using edible i would recommend 10-15mg. i took .0.5 once on a cracker and never again :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. I'm super confused everyone suggests completely different dosages :p

20. That's because everyone's tolerance is different. Even the same edible on consecutive days can have radically different effects, depending on when/what is eaten, how sleepy we are, etc. I use two or three 1/4 gram doses, taken about 2 hours apart for a longer, less extreme effect. I've seen friends blown away by 0.05 g edibles, but others unfazed by 1/4 gram. I'm afraid only trial and error will tell.