Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe Canna-Peanut Butter- Simplest Edible Ever

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by SmokeeTheBear, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Oh wow this does look pretty easy as fuck man. I am going to have to try this next time I make my peanut butter.

2. I actually meant to come back and tell you guys in this thread that I DID end up making edibles with peanutbutter, a little coconut oil, and a couple tspns of lecithin granules. It worked very very well!!!
    I used a no heat method. I did however set the glass dish with the goods in front of the exhaust on my computer. shit gets warm sometimes and I did that so I could easily stir my contents into the peanutbutter. But it doesnt even reach 100 degrees F, so I wasnt worried too much. All my bud was decarbed also, before being added.

hope that helps someone!

3. I gave this a shot tonight so I could have the sandwiches for breakfast. I'll post back with the results and thanks for the recipe :)

4. No heat method? So how long till its ready for consumption?

5. Should have been in the paragraph, but it took me a full week. so 5+ days should be ok.

6. Coming back to this, had the sandwiches on the ride to Denver for a snack, felt amazing the whole ride there. ️

7. #2647 InConSciOUS, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2015
    I wonder what the creator of this topic got banned for. I'm a curious stoner.. That's why I have articles about Radium, lies in advertising, and grasscity open all at once. o_O

Well, more than just that, but you get the gist

Does anyone know why dude got banned, though?

8. This method does not work tried it with a gram of some super loud not feeling a thing after 2 hours. Please don't waste your time on your weed like I did. Ps. Followed the instructions too a T

9. Think I'm gonna try this. But I'll use Nutella. My concern is I don't have scales and am just gonna have to somehow guess 2gs

10. Back again. I know it's hard to tell from pictures. But would this be around 1.5g? It's pretty light and not dense. I've just never made edibles and don't wanna waste weed by making them weak, but don't wanna over do it and have a bad time. I'm making it for two people ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1445103958.045118.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1445103972.378541.jpg

11. The thing with edibles, it also heavily depends on one's own personal metabolism. That is, how well it works also depends on when you take it--e.g., before a meal, with a meal, after a meal, in between meals, first thing in the morning, before you go to sleep, etc. You have to experiment with the timing. And if you take it with a meal, or shortly before or after a meal, the type of foods you eat may also determine its effectiveness.

The science concerning human metabolism seems to suggest not taking it on an empty stomach, but oddly enough, that's when it seems to work best for me (if I take it with a meal or within two hours after a meal, I feel pretty much nothing, regardless of the type of foods I ate). My point isn't that you should do as I do (for all I know, you did take it on a mostly empty stomach and felt nothing). I'm just saying that one must do some real-life experimentation, which requires doing it more than once, before making a definitive conclusion about it working or not working for oneself.

12. Next time I try this, I'm going to do it sober.

A big tip, do not be shy when it comes to the peanut butter, and 20 minutes was too long when I tried.

13. use lower heat with a longer time period, it also helps to use an organic peanut butter because it doesn't use hydrogenated oils which don't bond as well. makes a huge difference

14. #2654 GanjaGuzzler, Dec 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2015
    Just baked a batch out of the oven, 1-1.5 cups PB, 5 grams high quality, decarbed the herb for an hour at 240 before mixing with the PB, then left in oven at 325 for 45-50 mins, it's now cooling down, I'll let ya know the effects in a bit :)

And about an hour and a half later when it's cooled down enough to eat but still somewhat warm... I'm finally gunna try it out!

Peanut Butter Bannana Split anyone?
    View attachment 1934800

15. I know this is an old thread, but since I found it in the past few days, I assume that others may as well, with a similar Google search.

Sorry, this is long. Just trying to help, and share info that others may find valuable. Also, I"m high.

I wanted to make a very potent edible. That"s how I found this thread for making my own peanut butter. One thing led to another, and I made an extremely potent edible. This is after years of making so-so edibles, no matter how hard I tried.

I apologize that I have no pictures, and that I didn"t record amounts.

Instead of peanut butter, I used hazelnut butter (generic, found at the store beside the much-more-expensive Nutella).

I added coconut oil, which is commonly used to make nut butters, particularly when infusing additional flavors. I didn"t choose it for that reason, but because it"s a very high-fat oil, and I hoped it would draw out more of the good stuff from the plant.

I also added soy lecithin, which, according to my online research, is used in the most potent edibles. I would say more but I think it"s common knowledge.

I used about one cup of hazelnut butter, a half cup of coconut oil, and maybe one cup of soy lecithin. I probably used too much lecithin, but (among other things) it"s a thickener, and my mixture was very soupy.

I mixed all of this together, then poured it into a makeshift loaf pan that I formed from metal foil, and put that inside a larger metal pan that was also lined with foil, in case it spilled when baking. (I have since purchased a mini-loaf pan, which I"ll use next time.) I then added the good stuff and gently stirred it into my foil pan full of liquid. Here's what I added:

Weed - I used maybe two TSBP of AVB (instead of de-carbing in the oven, which I think is wasteful… isn"t AVB essentially the same thing, except that you get to inhale the vapor instead of losing it to your oven?) It"s a particularly potent blend of high-grade mixed shake, and most of it was only gently vaped. I always grind it to a powder (using a pill crusher, after grinding the normal way) prior to vaping, which I"ve found is the best way to use my vaporizer (Pax, handheld, finely-ground bud packed very tightly into your little Pax oven so it doesn't fall out). Most of it was only vaped once or twice on the lowest setting, just enough to activate the THC.

Shatter - I melted a TINY piece (maybe one-tenth of a gram, but it may have been less) of full-melt Sour Diesel shatter into a small bowl of coconut oil (in the microwave) and added that to the mixture.

After reading about some of the oven settings, I baked it at 325 F for 20 minutes, then 300 for the last five, in case my oven isn't calibrated properly and it's way too hot.

I took it out of the oven and let it cool to room temperature on top of the stove. It was still very soupy, even after cooling.

I then spooned my runny mixture into two small coffee mugs, covered them with foil, and put them in the fridge. So I didn"t waste anything, I lifted the foil pan out and put it in the freezer, so it would harden and easily come off the metal foil, which is does. it"s like candy.

The mixture hardened in the fridge to a margarine-like consistency within a few hours. I took it out of the fridge last night and kept it out at room temperature. This morning it was liquid again, comparable to the consistency of runny yogurt.

This morning, I dipped a few graham crackers into my room-temperature hazelnut goo, mostly because it"s delicious. I would eat this with or without the bud, which I can"t see or taste. It tastes like a less sweet, slightly-more-earthy Nutella.

The main reason I came here was to let you know how potent this mixture became, on a VERY small amount of active ingredients. I ate probably one tsp of it this morning, felt the high within ten minutes, and it kept lifting me higher. I had to take a nap.

By the way, my tolerance is extremely high. That same paltry amount of bud and shatter wouldn't have done much for me if I'd vaped or smoked it.

I slept for a few hours, woke up about five hours ago, and I can still feel it. It"s now been at least ten hours since I ate it. Nothing has gotten me this high in a very long time. I'm able to function, but I feel comfortably relaxed. Actually, what I feel at the moment is "perfectly medicated," which I've never felt before.

I"ve used more bud in edibles that didn"t turn out anything like this. This tops any edible I've ever purchased at a dispensary.

My mixture became much more potent after I took it out of the fridge and let it sit out overnight. I wonder if that"s a "secret” way of extracting more THC. Or maybe it had something to do with my addition of soy lecithin, or even the shatter. But I can't imagine such a small amount of a concentrate would affect the potency so much.

Sorry again for the long message. I hope someone will find it useful. I also hope that I can re-create this mixture again.

16. OMG amazing idea, will be trying this out soon!!!

17. i'd never had edibles before, so i decided to give this one a shot last night. i think my oven is weird because even though i baked it for 19 minutes, it was a little on the solid/not spreadable side, and looked kinda burned. i was sure i'd wasted my g, but i wasn't gonna throw out my weed! i ate all of it. after 2 hours i was feeling only a bit of tingling sensation along with a soothing feeling, like my body was relaxed. still, it was nowhere near the amazing high people described here. and there i was, getting all sad because i thought i screwed up the recipe or my body was just not edible-friendly. but then something magnificent happened. the high sure was creeping its way up very slowly, but it was. and when it finally reached its peak, it was great.

i don't know much about baking weed, but slightly overcooked > slightly undercooked imo. if there are people like me worrying about their peanut butter spread turning into peanut cake, just grab a fork and gobble down that poo-like substance. cannanut will eventually come and save the day.

btw somebody seriously suggested peanis butter as a name

18. here is how you get the magic to happen!!!

first, lets talk about why you're not getting fucking wasted. because you definitely should be. edibles are NOT a myth and they DO work. you just have to prepare the ganja right is all. i love the idea of using peanut butter too! i am definitely trying this one. i normally do hot coco because it is so easy. but this is far easier and requires zero prep once its made and sitting in the fridge. so lets talk about why it didn't work...

you didn't activate it, it is that simple. the end, no ifs ands or buts about it. what is activating? it is decarbing your ganja. what is decarbing? it has something to do with dropping the carbon group from...ok, lets not go that far. what it means is, your activating the THC in the ganja so that when you eat the activated ganja inside of edibles, it allows you to get high. just that simple. we use the oven because it is simple to do so. did you know that over time ganja will dry and decarb / activate naturally. crazy right! so now we know why we need to decarb / activate ganja, but how do we do it properly?

activating ganja / decarbing ganja / making ganja so it gets you all fucked up if you eat it...
    simply put, heat! not just any amount of heat because to much heat or to long of exposure o that heat will ruin the ganja and you wont get buzzed at all. here is my method for activating / decarbing ganja. this works every single time for me. it works in small batches and large batches. say a gram to an ounce of premium, nug only ganja. the better the ganja, the better the results.

1) take 1 gram of ganja and grind it rough. 1 gram of ganja once decarbed will be enough for 4 doses / 4 edibles.also pre heat your oven to 220* F and place a baking pan or something similar as the oven is pre heating.

2) take some aluminum foil and make a small enclosed packet out of it. think envelope made of foil. a foil packet say 4 inches by 4 inches can hold up to an 1/8th (3.5 grams of ganja}. now put in the ground ganja and seal as best you can. aim for air tight.

3) set the aluminum packet that is holding the ground up ganja on the baking pan that is in the pre heated 220* F oven for 15 to 20 minutes. every oven is different so you might need to adjust the time as needed. in my shitty oven i can decarb an 1/8th {3.5 grams} of ganja in 20 minutes at the above settings.

4) remove the ganja from the oven and let it sit and cool to room temp. once cooled open and look it over. here is how i know i have gotten it right...
    a) looks darker. if the ganja was brown, it will look dark dark brown. not burnt, dark brown only! if it was green, then it will look dark green. etc, etc. you will see a difference!
    b) it will smell all kinds of funky! if you breath it in and then exhale through your nose you will taste what i mean. i do this so i can best measure when it is at its best.
    c) it will be dry to the touch. as though it was left out to open air for a week or longer. ya, that dry! you will notice the oils and what not coming to the surface of the properly decarbed ganja and if you were to rub a tiny bit between your fingers you'll feel it. when people decarb to long and kill the ganja, you wont feel anything like that. it will be like rubbing oregano between your fingers lol.

5) your ganja is now properly decarbed and activated. when mixed with peanut butter it will absolutely work. you could even crush the ganja up more between two spoons. the finer it is, the better it will mix. the better it mixes, the better the THC can be drawn out. regardless of that though, your ganja is activated and will work.

DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!!! ARMS FLAILING WILDLY!!!
    do not eat to much. just fucking dont! it is miserable and makes you terribly fucking sick. you don't green out like with smoking to much, oh no no! you keep getting more and more fucked up. it isn't fun, it isn't funny, it isn't something you do as a joke, you just do fucking do it! EVER!

the best starting dose is 1/4 of a gram. i know it doesn't seem like much but you just don't know how people will react to it. even yourself! trust me when i say that you WILL get fucking high off of a 1/4 of a gram of ganja. i know it looks like a couple teaspoons and isn't much to look at, but trust me, you'll get fucking high oh ya!

how long does it take to effect me?
    well, it depends really but a good guess would be somewhere between an hour to two and a half hours. it depends on how it was prepared and how much of the THC was drawn out into the fats of the peanut butter. the more THC drawn out, the faster the onset time. other wise you'll have to digest all of the ganja before it starts to hit you. that could take a couple hours. so ya, it depends lol! just do everything as carefully and precise as possible and you will get good results.

i have explained this as best as i could. i know its a wall of text but if you want to keep yourself and your friends safe then you'll have read all of it. it is that important. remember, you get yourself or others sick then you bring down the vibe and all of the hard work everyone has done to get ganja where it is today. hope this helped!@

• Like Like x 1
  19. So would a bunch of vaped weed not even really be worth to make this with?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. Depends on how much bang is left in your ABV ( already been vaped ) material.. Only way to find out is to whip some up..
    Decarb just because vaping doesn't use that high a temp.. Decarb = 220 degrees covered for 40 to 60 min..
    You'd have better results making a coconut oil and lecithin mix as the lecithin is your power doubler..
    BNW