Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Canna oil with coconut oil?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ksmith42092, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Prolly a stupid question but haven't seen it asked before. I have read on multiple fourms that smoke coconut oil can cause lipid pneumonia. Ok 3 questions. 1. If I dry the oil, say pour it over some tobacco or bud and let it sit for a couple of days. Would the effect be the same? Would I still be inhaling fats and lipids?

Numbo 2. I read that weed combusts at 390f and coconut oil at 350f. if I were to place the oil on some already dry tobacco and dry it out. Would it be safer? Considering the tobacco should combust way faster than bud?

Numbo 3. I read that lipd pneumonia comes from Amiodarone and also from inhaling lipids. And that Amiodarone is used in the production of cigarettes. Now considering I smoke about a pack and a half a day. How unsafe in me smokeing Canna oil with coconut oil compared to my pack and a half a day? Please no backlash or people making comments like.."stop trying to get around it and just eat it" or other negative answers. If it's still bad then it's still bad. That's what I seek to find the knowledge of. Nothing more

2. If you are going to smoke an amount of coconut oil, you should just monitor yourself for a liquid cough, wheezing, etc. It's not like one puff or even 100 is definitely going to give you a form of pneumonia.

Whatever you read about the dangers of a substance are what could happen. Yes, inhaling any type of smoke in sufficient volume could lead to impaired lung function...But that doesn't mean a little smoke is going to be bad.

You can't really "dry" oil, since it doesn't contain any water. I don't think it will make it any better for your lungs to add tobacco to the mix.

3. thanks for the reply....I don't know. Not trying to contradict you but I read this...The "drying", hardening, or, more properly, curing of oils is the result of autoxidation, the addition of oxygen to an organic compound and the subsequent crosslinking. This process begins with an oxygen molecule (O2) in the air inserting into carbon-hydrogen (C-H) bonds adjacent to one of the double bonds within the unsaturated fatty acid. The resulting hydroperoxides are susceptible to crosslinking reactions....so it can be dryed..I think..but would it still be harmful when burnt if so? I have like 50 Canna caps. And they are not really doing the job eating them. Well I feel it. But I have sort of an inhalation habit. Gotta feel that cough. Lol

4. Blah!! I don't know how safe this is..but it tastes like a big bowl of shit. Damn it's nasty

5. Like smoking match tips

6. I ended up just putting the tobacco I wetted on a rolling paper and ate it. If anyone reads this thread...do not attempt this. Not only does it taste like shit but there in no high whatsoever. Although I do smoke about a quarter of chronic a day. So my tolerance is way up there

7. yeah, I'd say you're tolerance is above average.:hookah:.

Also, there are some people who swear up and down that edibles don't work on them. I'm not going to call anyone on that just because they work for me. All I need is 20-30 mg and I'm good for 4 hours.

8. #8 Quantary, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    WHOOPS

9. Really it don't work at all for me. Not sure on the mg of these cuz I street bought mine. But ive ate 4 today including the paper of tobacco I ate. And still hardly nothin. Hell the little tiny bit of resin I scaped out my bowl got me higher than these bullshits. I'm thinking it's a body vs head high thing tho. I feel it through my body but not my head. That and I need that cough haha

• Like Like x 1