Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Canna Oil in crock pot How long to cook?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by STIGGY, Dec 15, 2013.

1. #1 STIGGY, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
    Hi all just need help on cooking times for crock pot
    with coconut oil.
    Added herb, after heating oil and holding at approx 170degs.
    How many hours does the oil need to finish?
    Thanks all

2. This is going to be used as a pain cream and not eaten

What are you using, Stih, leaves and trim?

4. Lots of leaves lil trim

For that I would think 8 hours would be more than sufficient if it's being used for your pain cream. You might get by with less time since you don't need the psychoactivity, but I think 8 is about right. But before you strain it, rub it on and see if it works. If not, let it go longer. But let it cool first before you rub it on. You can use it straight to test it. It's a little oily but absorbs quickly.  :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Thanks Sam
    I gonna shut it down and reheat for a few more hrs tomorrow

7. resumed heating this am and now its smelling like something good
    Another 8hrs I will do

8. Sam tried it last night It worked wonders on my Dogs (feet) not my dogs mine lol................
    Its great to be able to sleep almost pain free again.
    Praise the Lord for Cannabis

9. How'd your oil turn out? 

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. #10 STIGGY, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2013
    Sam you beat me to it
    I was about to do a report
    The balm came out fantastic, I added emu oil, and eucalyptus oil too.
    I squeezed the left overs out by hand (man talk about a buzz),
    I lost about an 8th of the oil I started with (maybe evaporation) But the by product is really really helpful.
    Its the best batch yet, I have bad nerve pain in the feet and this stuff really helps.
    Thanks for all the help Sam and all who have contributed.

Remember, I'm psycho....er, psychic.  ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. I need to spell check better

I knew what you meant.  :)

14. Hey I was reading about the anti imflammatory of cannabis balm,
    This is great, I get really bad hairline fractures and I can actually feel them coming on, but now I rub the balm in and it goes away by the next day.
    I can not walk for days when it use to happen without the balm.

15. Oh Sam I let it go almost 18hrs in the crock over a few days
    Came out dark green and smells great too.
    Once I added the eucalyptus oil the smell is intoxicating.............

One of the biggest causes of pain is inflammation and cannabis has been known throughout the ages to work for it. It has a lot of good uses as you know but the important thing is that it works well for you. I use mine religiously when I get up and when I go to bed and sometimes in between. I swear by it.  :)

And 18 hours has always been the magic number for me and that's why you got the buzz when you squeezed. Now you know how to use your leaves for a good purpose. How much did you make?

• Like Like x 1
  17. #17 STIGGY, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2013
    Put it this way
    I hope it keeps in the refrig. LOL
    I made enough to last at least 4-6 months using it 2Xs a day
    I like to make it in a big batch if possible I have a hard time on my feet if I stand to long.
    If I was using it for baking I would have only made enough for a few batches of cookies or brownies
    That will be next round.... so get ready for more questions LOL....................
    How long does the oil mix last Sam?
    I have heard not to store longer than 2 months for edibles

I also share it with friends in need when I can..

18. Keep it in the freezer in separate containers and just pull one out when you need it. Mine has never lasted long enough to go bad. If you used water in your crockpot then you will need to freeze to store for a long time and keep refrigerated at other times.  :)