Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Canna-Oil and chocolate bars

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by mur13, May 24, 2011.

1. Okay, so I want to get a lot of reggie, and a lot of chocolate, and make some chocolate bars.

First, to clarify, the reggie I get looks like this

[​IMG]

I'd be using this cause its cheap, and making edibles with it previously (had the same reggie guy for a while. Would be purchased and processed by the ounce.

Anyway, I was looking at this chocolate bar mold,

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/CK-Products-8-Inch-Section-Chocolate/dp/B003QP3HRY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1306219577&sr=8-4]Amazon.com: CK Products 5-3/8-Inch by 2-1/8-Inch 12 Section Bar Chocolate Mold: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

And it says you can get 5 bars out of 1 pound of chocolate using that mold.

So theoretically, if I made canna-oil with 10gs, and then applied it to 1 lb of chocolate evenly, it would be 2gs per bar, yes? So my question is, with well made canna-oil, how potent do you think each chocolate bar, eaten in its entirety would be? Do you think 1g/bar would be sufficient?

tl;dr in bold

2. no ideas blades?

3. 1g per bar is PLENTY if you dont have much of a tolerance, especially if you eat the whole bar at one time, just make canna-oil out of it, and mix it in. If you have a pretty good tolerance, 2g per bar will be pretty sufficient, also, it's all in how you mix it, because all the oil and chocolate could end up in one mold, and none of the THC in the rest, there lies the issue.

4. Okay, well I guess I'll make a batch with 1g and a batch with 2g and see what I prefer. I'm gonna make a lot because this is gonna be my stash for when I'm dry and wanna get high...I have a pretty decent tolerance and I want to be able to get toasted but not completely debilitated as I have with stronger edibles.

How would you suggest mixing it? I was thinking making the oil in 10g(or 5g) batches and then measuring it and separating it into 5 equal doses, then melting the chocolate and doing the same, then mixing them individually as they are poured into the mold.

Or would making a 10g (or 5g) batch of oil, then melting the chocolate, mixing it all at once and pouring 5 molds out of it? Problem with this is, idk how hard it would be to melt 1lb of chocolate at a time.

Or, would making individual 1g or 2g batches of oil in like a cupcake pan and then mixing the molds individually be better?

5. I'd try individual dosing, for the best accuracy, and if you do the oil in muffin cups in the oven, it works pretty well, on a side note, my 4g AVB chocolate bar that I made, has me TOASTED at the moment, haha

6. Good to know, but the only issue i have with the individual dosing is straining the plant matter. With say, 12 cups in a muffin pan filled with oil, how would I strain the individual cups without spilling the rest? I was thinking foil or saran wrap over the parts that aren't being strained with cheesecloth or something over the one that is? or maybe some sort of pipette?

7. sounds like a bomb idea!

8. Can't really help with the recipe, but you'll prob. enjoy when they're done. I just had a dark chocolate purple urkle Choco-Potamus bar yesterday and it wasn't bad at all.

Enjoy man.

9. thanks for all the support guys, I'll let yall know how it turns out. won't be happening until early july at the soonest, cause that's the first time ill have a kitchen to use (moving home for the summer) and some money to spend for materials. honestly my biggest problem might be a cost effective way of getting bulk chocolate, shit isn't cheap. Might have to downsize my run but I'd really rather not cause my parents will only be gone for like a week or so and idk when I'd be able to get another kitchen to use.

10. also, decided to change my plan and use [ame="http://www.amazon.com/CK-Products-8-Inch-Frog-Chocolate/dp/B003QMMOZ8/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1306394331&sr=8-8"]this[/ame] as the mold just for the lulz of it and call them "green tree frogs"

will update when sucessful