Canna Nutrients

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by DaleW, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Has anyone used them and if so what did you add or did you just use the grow. i just switched from soil to coco and im already having extreme problems, my clones are yellowing and curling and growing slow; the clone i have in soil is passing them up. i checked the coco ec, i checked the water ec, the ph read 5.8 and all i added was cal mag and some epsom salt but before i didnt add cal mag and still ran into problems. for me this stuff is not as easy as what i hear.  the ppm of my solution was 700 ppm 

2. Can you put a picture of the plants up? I suspect that 700ppm is too high, but it depends on their size and growth speed amongst other things...

I used canna terra for a few years about 10 years ago. I can't remember getting any problems. But I use growth technology's ionic grow and ionic bloom now, it has given me great results

3. yeah i would but this site is asking for a url and im not all that computer savvy i just know how to attach a file. thanks anyway though ill try to use another site

4. Click more reply options and add from there

Chef.

• Like Like x 1
  5.  thanks that worked out. Im trying to start a coco run but it is not going to well. i followed all the instructions but im having problems and slow growth.it was so bad i took three of my clones and put them back in soil and they are out doing the coco by a long shot. im using canna nutrients. i was using tap but ran into to problems so i switched to ro using cal mag still problems and very slow growth. the ph is 5.8-5.9. ppm is currently 653 and the mix currently is canna a + b and rhizo and the plants look like crap. 

Attached Files:

6. #6 GoldGrower, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2014
    It's flowering, how long has it been in that pot? It doesn't look like it's been in there long. 

Drop your ppm to about 200 and be careful not to water too often. But as it's well in to flower I don't think this little guy is going to be able to come to anything

• Like Like x 3
  7. You have got that thing in a Dixie cup flowering at maybe 6inchs tall? My advice is to get a bigger pot, a timer, veg out your plants and use low strength nutes until you actually know what you are using.

Sent from my Z796C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 DaleW, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2014
    lol its not i thought the same thing when i started cloning the strain. it just pops flowers when i clone them. i freaked out when i first saw it. i have two strains from cali connection and they both do that everytime i clone them.  i have many soil grows under the belt this is just my first crack at coco.

9. nah its still small its just the cam making it look bigger

10. about a week. straight from a jiffy cube

11. Is it an auto flower?

12. its a normal strain it doesnt go into flower in veg it just throws a couple of small sites. the plant flowers very heavy when you flip the switch to 12/12 thats why i was wanting to give coco a shot to see the results. i

Are you sure about that? It's doing more than just throwing out a few calyxes. It's deep in to flower, there are pistils that are dieing back and there are trichomes all over it 

• Like Like x 1
  14. lol yes im sure ive had the strain for about 8 months and it does it all the time when it starts out

15. That really just seems like it would elongate the veg process as it would have to lose those flowers before it actually vegs out.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I know that I had a similar problem last year BC when I put a few clones outside they started to flower immediately instead of vegging so they were stunted for about a month before losing their flowers and going back to vegging stage

17. If both of them are popping flowers when you clone, how many hours of light are they getting?

18. 24 hrs i always keep them under 24 hours and agian its nothing new because ive had the strain for 8 months and counting. anyway ive decided to return to soil. ive tried everything and im not really getting a clear reason as to whats going on. I do know that my plants that I have transplanted back to soil have recovered and the coco plant is still just not doing anything. not my cup of tea at all 

Not getting a clear reason? Dude you are giving 700ppm to a plant that isn't growing and has barely any roots. You are overdosing it by a long shot. A plant that size will probably be taking up a solution of about 150-200ppm 

• Like Like x 1