Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Canna-Double-Bacon-Butter Recipe (IN TESTING)

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by LackOfColor, Dec 11, 2013.

1. To start, this is how the idea came out. Early In the day, I decided to make cannabutter for the first time using some of a quarter I bought. I was also extremely hungry and decided to make breakfast for dinner. How can I use the butter? In the eggs. So a few hours before dinner, i made the butter.

1g  :: 1tbs regular butter

I ground up the weed pretty good. I put the 1tbs of butter in a small saucepan on low/medium heat.

I mixed it around pretty good and let it simmer for 10 minutes or so then poured it in a cup.

Using the left over from the pan, i threw 2 slices of bacon in the pan and cooked til it was almost done then took the bacon out and mixed the leftovers with the butter in the cup. Put them back in the pan and simmered for another few minutes. When that was done I poured it back in the cup and put it in the fridge until it was no longer a liquid. I then made the eggs using the butter mixture and mixed it in good with the eggs, then crushed up the bacon and put it over the eggs, 2 pieces of toast and 2 hash browns. 

Results: Taste - Was actually pretty good. It almost gave the egg it a little spice but it was pretty good, though they were kind of a strange color lol. I haven't eaten anything all day so I was really looking forward to this haha. 

High - In progress. I forgot to mention I smoked a pretty nice bowl right before eating... but Im feeling pretty good right now, and Im about an hour in.  Rather energetic actually. Bacon has a pretty nice taste mixed with cannabis... it makes it taste healthier or something. 

Hope this makes someone want to make it! or at least want breakfast haha

Will update :: In Progress

Bowl:  20131210_210511.jpg
    Nug from which the g was used:  20131206_173329.jpg

2. #2 BadKittySmiles, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013
     These past posts on infused bacon and bacon fat should interest you, if you are keen to work with bacon and cannabis. :)

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/1171401-bacon-weed.html?hl=bacon

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/1227102-leftover-bacon-fat.html?hl=bacon

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/938212-canna-bacon-pictures.html?hl=bacon

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/716430-bacon-grease-weed-hashbrowns.html?hl=bacon

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/848917-medicated-bacon.html?hl=bacon

And below is an excerpt from another post that Kat made, on working with canna and bacon fat.

For your next experiment be sure to read up on the well researched and appropriate methods for making canna oil and give special attention to details concerning temp control to prevent degradation, these safety and processing length rules apply equally to bacon fat, and processing is especially important when working with such a fat that is not quite as efficient at extracting or promoting absorption, when compared to other oil sources used for producing cannabis oils (such as coconut oil and clarified butter).

<span style="font-size:18px;"> Enjoy your oil and be healthy! Well, as healthy as expected with bacon, haha! :)  </span>

<span style="font-size:18px;">                - BKCannaPharm Assoc. Q
     </span>

(Here is an additional page at www.BadKatsCannaPharm.com / www.MedicalGradeCannabisOil.com with reading on the similar topic of diluted and inefficient edible solvents, and water contamination during processing. Take care!)

" It's not the best fat for working with cannabis glandular material, but it can work by following a reputable canna oil tutorial (even better, if a portion of MCT/coconut oil is used in addition to the bacon fat). [​IMG]

Bacon is barely one third saturated fat and it has NONE of the medium chain triglycerides we're looking for, making it little better than common cheap cooking oils! :eek:

Even butter is a better option than bacon, at over 50% sat fat with a 15%-20% MCT content, and nearly everyone has that laying around, or knows of a place to find some. :) Coconut oil and to a lesser extent butter, are your best fat sources. Unlike <span>bacon, which for every 10g, only 3g is saturated fat, coconut oil is over 90% saturated fat and has an over 60% MCT content. :yay:

Ideally, for canna bacon we make something like a bacon 'jerky'.. it's exactly the same as making canna beef jerky, beginning with pre-cooked and drained bacon. It's then marinaded with a canna oil and/or tincture and seasoning base, and slow dried back to a normal cooked stated, while occasionally basted and painted with the same blend.

This topic comes up from time to time, so I'll paste an old answer I provided in one of the previous threads for some extra info:

RE: Breakfast Edibles?

[​IMG]

"Made with bacon, sausage, egg, and swiss & cheddar cheeses, using pre-made sativa hash capsules, made following the standard hash oil/capsule recipe. (The bacon is hash oil and tincture infused, using the canna jerky recipe.)

One sandwich made with a Basil Hash Oil Mayo (that was mine!), the other with the capsule simply squeezed and spread on the inside of the toast."

A simple Canna Grinder or Italian ('CannItalian') is another good way to use canna bacon... without or without extra hash oil. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And there's always pizza....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are a few past posts on canna bacon...

CannaBacon.

Canna bacon with pictures

(And going back to using the bacon fat itself, for cooking with canna...)

It may also interest you to know, that the bacon grease from the initial cooking is sometimes reserved, and clarified, in order to be blended with coconut oil and infused with hash, to make these [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyhow, good luck and have fun! [​IMG] "</span>

3. @[member="BadKittySmiles"] Wow! Thats amazing! I'm going to have to take some time to read that! Thanks for the reply!