Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Canna-coconut oil questions

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Jonny5Alive, Nov 5, 2016.

1. I use a crockpot for my endeavors (the Magic Butter machine doesn't appeal to me). Recommended temp for coconut oil infusion is suggested 160F. My crock hits 200 even on the keep warm setting. Is this absolutely too hot or will an infusion work at this 40 degree increase? Thinking about a hot plate for the future. Wuddya folks think?
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?posts/23047641/

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Both the MBM and most crock pots need to large a volume of oil to work well..
    You'll get better results with a toaster oven and a small stainless dish from a pet store..
    220 F for 20 minutes is all my tablespoon of hash infused coconut oil needs..
    Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture
    Working with raw weed you still only need about an hour to infuse a cup of weed in a cup of oil..

[​IMG]
    5 grams of hash
    1 tablespoon coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon lecithin..
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes then freeze.. 2 more heat and freeze cycles for my taste..
    Makes 30 size (0) killer capsules
    [​IMG]
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Even if you cook the canna-coconut oil for a long time, you should still deccarb (240F for 40 minutes) prior to mixing the oil / butter.

If you want to get the maximum extraction with the least weed taste you should check out this thread: Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it

Don't let the size of the thread discourage you. Read the first 5 pages to get a basic understanding of the technique.then find something in the index that interests you.

Ask your questions and you will get answers that you can rely on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #5 Jonny5Alive, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    Absolutely-I've learned the importance of decarb for sure! I remember making butter before I found out about this crucial step. It was certainly the game changer. I've been reading up on tinctures and such to learn about the most effective infusions I'd like to master. I've started to read the suggested tincture thread already and I'm glad it's endorsed by other avid enthusiasts like yourself. Thanks for the advice, Sam. You sound very pragmatic and well informed. Be well.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1