canna coco

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by johneym1, Nov 23, 2010.

1. yo all iv just stop using dirt and now using canna coco iv got all the right ferts and molasses and some big bud Wat i want to know is on the bag of coco it says feed 4 - 6 times a DAY and on the bottles of ferts it says feed 2 - 3 times a day but witch ever one i do will mean that the coco will be wet all the time and cannabis likes to let the soil dry out before you water again any good grower knows this so Wat do i do feed 3-6 times a day or 4-6 times a day and let them be wet all the time ?????? please some one that has used canna coco please help

2. I would say atleast half of what canna recommends. But I am not familiar with it. But three times a day, with small amounts maybe will be enough to get some dry time in there? Good luck with it!

3. i carnt see how they will get any dry time cos is says use 2-3LT a time to get 10% 20% runoff now doing that even once a day seems a lot to me im using 4l air pots and even they will not dry out that fast and beleave me they dry out alot faster than a normal plant pot.... im LOST?????and they recommend using 4L pots upwards so im ok in that department

4. Oh damn, I didnt relize they are in 4L pots. Again I am not faliliar with this setup, but just dont water every day?

5. I feed once a day if the coco is dry enough to need it. 2 days max. That's for veg. During flower I feed each plant 3-4L per day and they gobble it up.

Treat it like dirt. I use a common moisture meter (1-4 scale). When the needle points to 2 (mostly dry) I water to waste. The coco will help prevent the overwatering problem but I like to use perlite in mine to help the water retention a tad since I only water daily.

My mentor told me to just treat it like dirt. So far that's been amazing. This is all predicated on you using coir which is texturally similar to dirt.

If you're using ONLY the crouton size sorta like you'd use orchid pebbles then you'll need to treat it like a full fledged hydro system (ala ebb and flow) and have a timer apply feedings.

6. im useing it like soil bro

7. I've seen a little bit of nute burn watering constantly with full strength nute water. You'll definitely need to read your plants. They'll tell you if you're over-fert'ing them or over watering.

For now, keep up what you're doing. Got pics?

8. #8 johneym1, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2010
    ill put some picks up wen they get abit bigger they onley 8 days old but this is the rest of my grow about 5 days a go my picks 004.jpg

my picks 003.jpg the one on the right u carnt see it much but that is a sweet dwalf the middel one is a road runner and the one on the left is a ak 47 they are all autos

9. what kinda of pots? they look intersting

10. they air call air pots . if you type in (air pots) on youtube you will see wat they are they are brill much better than normal pots. let me know wat you think ov the vids on youtube bro

11. link to the vid i was on about . their is more if you go and look but this one explains wat they are pretty good [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NUjNBKex0I]YouTube - LincsHydro - Air-Pot introduction[/ame]

12. any one else use canna coco if so how often do you feed???iv cot the canna ferts as well

13. any one got any advice on canna coco

14. well it looks like im the omley one on grass city that uses canna coco hmmmmmm or know one ontes to help me??????????????//

15. Brands are just that... it's not like because they put canna on the label that it's a damned bit different than the Orchard Supply Hardware no-brand stuff I get.

Apart from that, I'm betting the experienced coco growers aren't seeing that they can add anything useful. Sometimes when the question is answered, it's bloody answered.

16. Hey johneym1

I'm using Canna Coco and the canna coco nuits in smart pots which I think are simualar to air pots

I water as needed usually about every 2 days at about 25% nuit strength and they are doing great. Currently running about a quart every 2 days in 3 gallon pots.

I think the instructions on the bag and nuits are for drip type systems since Coco is technically a hydro medium.

There is also a coco section here on GC under hydroponics and they have some good stickies in there and some great folks willing to help you out.

Best of luck so far I have had no issues at all.

Check out my grow here.