Canna coco Nutrients help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jrtruejec, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Hey all, I have a quick question.
    I’m currently using Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow Coco. I’m about to give canna coco a go for veg.
    I’ve taken a look at their feeding schedule/ guides. I’m wondering if someone can suggest what sorta feeding strength I should start my plants on? Someone who has experience with these nutrients. I can then take your suggestions and compare them to the feeding chart canna provides.
    The plants are just a cpl weeks into veg.
    3 strains, Gorilla Glue, King Tutt and Strawberry Banana.
    I’ll attach a pic
    ML per gallon or liter is what I’m looking for. TYVM

Attached Files:

2. Yo man whats happening,

Ive used canna coco for my last 3 grows now so I have some experience with them. I think cannas recommendations are a bit high, especially with daily feeds which is ideal for plants in coco.

I go onto the grow guide on canna site, there chart is very handy. Fill in the info and then it gives you the exact ratios of each nutrient to use.
    What EC is your water man??

Mine is 0.2. When selecting your water hardenss, if you select soft, canna recommend the heavy feed. I think its far to much for my size plants and my lights, that ratio is prob for large plants in big containers. (Im only growing 4 plants in a 3.3 x 3.3 x 7 grow space) I always then click the light feed option.

The guide then shows how much each nutrient to use at each stage. At the moment Im in Generative Period 1, which on light feed is recommended EC 1.6. My res at moment has same ratios recommended for this stage but at 80% strength, this gives me an EC of 1.3.

I start of at 0.4 EC when first set of true leaves appear, and slowly go upwards. Check run off and get a good idea of whats going in and whats going out. Dont want the EC going out higher or level of whats going in. I always aim to have it 0.2/0.3 lower coming out. Sometimes I even try to let it come out up to 0.5 lower for one or two feeds in a row to make sure they arent getting to much.

Grow Guide | CANNA UK

• Like Like x 1
  3. Very nice! I appreciate the great info.
    I have an RO water filter or I can use tap water which is great in my area, only 75 ppm.
    I’m kinda EC illiterate. I understand ppm’s. When I use the canna site chart there’s 3 different ppm measurements. I forgot which I’ve always used...
    I’m using advanced bytes at this time an I used to feeding 2-4 ml per liter. These amounts canna suggest are freaking me out.
    How many ppm is 0.2 EC? Lol. I find a converter.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Should I select Hanna ppm or Eutech option?

5. Plants your size id guess maybe 0.6 to 0.8 would be ok, remember to always check the run of to know exactly whats going on, and water to 10% run off every time
    Thats some good tap water man, I think thats 0.1 EC I think. Ive no idea about ppms sorry man. I know 3 different confused the hell out of me, can your PPM pen show readings in EC? Id personally drop the ppm but its no big deal haha.

I think EC is double ppm, so 0.2 EC would be 100 ppm, 0.6 EC would be 300 ppm etc but dont quote me on that

I had a look at the guide there and it dosent matter what meaurement unit you use, the ratios for feed are all the same as chosen by your feed strenghts (light/normal/heavy)

Why dont you try mix a small 2 liter batch, and take a reading from it. And then see what reading it gives on the canna chart,

Make up a light feed of 2 liters of ro water (so water has 0 ec/ppm) - add 1.5 mls A/B and 4 mls of rhizo. Use a dropper to make sure you get the exact amount in. Calibrate your pen, Then check what the reading is and compare it to the numbers of cannas chart for the 3 different ppm types.

Hannah should be 350
    Eutech 448
    Trucheon 490

• Like Like x 1

6. Then youll know what measurement your ppm is man

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ima do that. I took another look at the canna site/feeding guide an have a better understanding of it now.
    I selected soft water an light feed. Looks like just under 2ml per liter. Suggested 22ml per 12 liters, which is right around 450 ppm. That’s what I’ve been feeding them so I think I’m gonna start there. That’s what I needed, a good starting point. After that I’ll just increase.
    I appreciate your help very much. Btw, I flower 4 plants at a time also. I’m flowering white widow, Girl Scout cookies, Cinderella 99 and northern lights now. My babies in veg are gorilla glue, strawberry banana and King Tutt. Gonna veg with canna nutes now. Not happy with advanced Connie.
    Thanks again

• Like Like x 1

8. Yeah thats all you need man a good starting point. I really like canna nutes man best of luck with the grow. I use some great white Mycorrhizae and some silica with the canna range, the plants love it. I dont add silica to res just foliar feed with it and some rhyzotonic 2 or 3 times a week in veg.

Do you have a journal going for your current grow?

No problem man glad I can help!

• Like Like x 1
  9. I don’t have a journal for my current grow. It’s still early so maybe I’ll start one.
    I’m have Armor Si Silica by General hydroponics. Wondering if I could foliar feed with that. I’ll do a quick search.
    I don’t have canna additives at this time. I was planning on getting by with just the base for veg if possible. I like to use advanced nutes for flower bc I like their additives such as bud igniter and bud candy.
    This is my second year at growing so I’m still learning an exploring newer, better more cost effective options. Maybe after a bit I’ll dump all advanced nutes an stick with just canna.
    I’d like my bud to taste medical grade. Are most dispensaries using canna do u know?

10. I dont see any reason why you cant use it as a foliar spray, look it up to make sure though. Ive read somewhere before you should try use one whole nute range for a grow, that way there is no chance of leaving out any particular nutrient.

Ive no idea what nutes dispensary's use man. I have watched youtube tours of some of them and have seen canna being used in some places. Theres alot more just nutes involved to get medical grade bud, environment, grower skills, and genetics all play a huge role too.