canna coco need to be hydrated?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by dorus, Sep 8, 2019.

1. So i plan on growing with coco/perlite for the first time. i found a 50l bag from canna and bricks from canna. i know the bricks needs to be hydrated and buffered, but do i need to do the same with the bag? does it need to be hydrated or i can just start to grow right away with it? if so why would one ever buys the brick ?

Attached Files:

2. Canna coco in the bag is buffered. You don't have to pre-charge, but I always do, if for nothing else than to sift out the powdery coco residue. I highly suggest you add 30% perlite to your coco if you want fast growth.
    People buy the bricks to save money.
    Good luck.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cannas bricks are buffered it's the same product that is in the bag which makes me wonder why people buy the bags. Lol
    Mick is right you should rinse and precharge all coco.
    I just pour a bunch of my starting nutrient solution through it before planting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Buy bags locally and bricks if it has to be shipped. I buy bags of coco from my local hydro shop. It's ready to go out of the bag and it's $12 for 2CuFt. That same bag, if purchased online would cost around $45. But if you buy the dry bricks, you can get that same volume of coco for 12-15$. So, if you're buying bags of coco online, you're paying a lot of money to ship water...

• Like Like x 1