Canna Coco A+B Nute Question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by thebombhaha, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Hi guys,

I'm in the middle of my first grow here. Basically, I'm about to flip to 12/12 for flowering, and I was told I needed bloom nutes for this phase.

I've been using Canna Coco A+B for my nutes thus far.

According to the Canna site, they say that A+B is used all throughout both the vegetation and flowering phases. They write, and I quote

"Due to the special characteristics of coco substrate CANNA COCO nutrients don't have a Vega and Flores version, there is one unique formulation for both the growth and blooming phase. We can’t make things easier! CANNA COCO is easy to use, dissolves directly and is extremely suitable for “drain-to-waste” cultivation in buffered coco medium."

I was told to buy flower fuel for flowering, so I did, but a close friend of mine who is helping me with the grow says "Usually bloom nutes drop the N content. I drop calcium nitrate from 6g per 5 gallon to 1g per 5 gallons after the stretch. For now, follow their feed guidelines, maybe decrease to 1/4 strength canna while adding the flower Fuel"

Can anyone offer insight on what I should do here? Thanks.

2. I guess they didnt

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Yes when I run canna nutes I use a+b with rhizo stop rhizo after 2 weeks real veg then just after stretch cut down a+b to 1/3 strength and use canna pk/13/14 that is flower fuel

• Like Like x 1
  4. What about Cal mag do you find that you have any Cal mag issues with Canna? What do you run at ml per g of a and b?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. Specifically as it pertains to the issues I had, Nitrogen toxicity was the main problem I had with my first run. I was doing too much CalMag I believe, for far too long and did not stop until somewhere around the start of flowering if I remember correctly.

The entire process is all documented inside my Grow Journal I have linked to my profile on here. I was doing 1/4th the full dosage of A and B in the beginning. I may have even done 1/8th the dosage in the beginning, but gradually kept increasing.

My run had some pretty suspect moments in it. I bought a cheap ppm/ppms/ec meter alongside my pH meter. Both of these tools failed me completely, and the only thing that assured me my pH(most important aspect) was fine was my instant tester I was recommended to buy when I posted about their issues here.

Cheap, around 5-10 dollars, and just worked perfectly. I already had a shit ton of pH Down, and I had a good amount of pH Up too. It's great this ended up working, because I needed a solution to check the pH. The ppms meter however was showing very strange readings for my runoff, going as high as in the 3000 range. I was advised to flush immediately upon notice, but I questioned the validity of these readings myself because the plants looked great to myself and others. I flushed for a couple of days still, but it was only because I knew I had been slacking on the runoff feedings(Didn't always feed til runoff for two weeks. Feeding til runoff is essential for Coco). Got that out of the way, and I didn't think it took a hit on my run. Following the scare, I don't think the ppm meter ever showed a reasonable reading(minimal issues w/ plants, only yellowing, fading, and known light distance error at the time that were showing), but it actually went down to the high 2000s. I couldn't do anything more than I already did at that point, so I just kept feeding til runoff til harvest.

6. ph up and down can cause more damage than good there such nicer cleaner natural way of dialing ph.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Like? I was just following protocol in order to get the first run through, but that seems interesting for any future run I make.

8. lemon and vinegar wil decrease your ph
    and baking soda will increase your ph dolomite lime mixed with your medium helps buffer ph to correct levels you can use peatmoss also the ph up and ph down you use destroys the beneficial bacteria leaving your roots exposed to bacterial invasions.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. I've never had a cal mag problem using canna classic a+b. Just don't go two low on the ph