Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

canna butter/oil question

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ZeroG., May 1, 2013.

1. What color is you'alls budder? I've been following BKS recipe for a while now...tweaking it a bit for my needs/tools I always got a green butter/oil during cooking and after. Recently however- I've paid more attention to detail and started getting a brown butter/oil. I thought i was doing something wrong....but my oil started to resemble the one in BKS pics, and now after watching her videos (which rock) I'm even more convinced. I just made a clarified cannbutter, it smells like butterscotch. Plus my edibles are fkng amazaballs right now. So oooo my question is what color is your budder when finished? Sorry for rambling I'm a Lil blazed at the moment.

2. ForumRunner_20130430_223448.png
    Making clarified butter.

ForumRunner_20130430_223509.png

Decarbed in oven 30 mins @ 225.....left covered until room temp.

ForumRunner_20130430_223529.png

ForumRunner_20130430_223549.png

ForumRunner_20130430_223559.png
    Finished butter.

ForumRunner_20130430_223608.png

ForumRunner_20130430_223617.png

3. #3 DRgr33nthum, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    EDIT: do you decarb your nugs first? If so how?AlsoWhat process makes the budder clarified?Sent from my SCH-S960L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #4 ZeroG., Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2013
    [quote name="DRgr33nthum" post="18560229" timestamp="1377217434"]EDIT: do you decarb your nugs first? If so how?AlsoWhat process makes the budder clarified?Sent from my SCH-S960L using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote] decarbed at 220 for 30mins in the oven, ground up not to a powder tho, rolling consistency covered in foil inside a Pyrex dish. When you clarify the butter your basically cooking out the water and milk fats from the butter.....just you tube clarified butter so you can have a better idea, it's simple tho.Sent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Ok so last night I tried making cannabutter the water way - used one lb of butter and an ounce of vaped weed - cooked it for 3.5 hrs and placed in fridge. This morning I checked on it after leaving it in the fridge for 8+ hrs but the whole container looks like butter, no waste water at the bottom - WHAT DID I DO WRONG?? and how do I fix it ? I still have the vaped weed I used for it, I didn't throw it away....