Canna A and B Need Advice ASAP

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Wolfmoon2682, May 16, 2019.

1. I'm growing for the first time pretty much, the first effort really anyways and i'm running 3 autos, 2 are white widow and one super skunk using LEDs, in coco with calmag and canna a & b. I hit flower 3 weeks back and the girls are looking too high on N. Do you run this stuff the entire grow? Iv'e only been giving them 4ml of each which seems pretty low to me. I ordered some PK 13-14, not sure how to use it since the bottle always goes off the rails on dosing. I need some serious advice on how to feed my girls.

They don't look terrible by any means... but the claw is setting in on the leaves coming off their buds and they are DARK green with that leathery look. SOS!

2. Pictures say a thousand words. Kinda hard to answer what it may be by what your saying. Right now I'm day 34 on flower and my nook is a 2-21-11 with my lineup of nutes. With some other stuff added every other feeding. Not getting into what it is though. Dont worry it's all organics. Just a family mix for flowering. 20190515_214924.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I use canna classic Flores a+b from seed to harvest. With tap water half strength is all I could use at most. I never use the grow formula cuz I found it to high in nitrogen getting dark leaves and tips clawed often

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Anyone running canna that can help a brother out?
    I just realized i was feeding too high on the A. I thought they were equal amounts lol. I think i solved my problem.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I use Canna coco A and B with cannaboost. I go with the 25A 35B ml/100L ratio, witch gives me roughly 500ppm with boost. I'm week 5 tomorrow. I consider its low ppm.
    One of my pheno shows dark almost black leaves just like yours. WIN_20190516_18_09_16_Pro.jpg
    As this is my first grow, I understand its the downside of And B formula. That's sad cause overall Canna coco seems to be friendly user (ph is just perfect by itself every time) and perfectly balanced for my other plant.
    Next run I will consider an other formula. Plus its expensive nutes.

6. Edit nute burns are from earlier I almost killed her

7. If you look at feeding chart you'll see vegetative phase ratio is 20A and 30B
    And last week of flowering is..... ... 20A and 30B !!!!!
    No way plants have same needs

8. Yeah i like how the PH adjusts easily with canna. But i think i'll try something else as well, this is my first time using any nutes of any kind, so i want to explore the options. I heard this stuff was newbie friendly so i started there. Now i want more control at different stages. But for the rest of this run i'll just dial the A way back.

9. Where are you seeing this chart?
    I'm trying Canna coco full line using Canna feeding charts at 1/2 strength .
    All the charts I've seen are always equal amounts.
    I'm new to Canna also just want to be sure I'm on the right page.
    We are talking about Canna coco A+B
    Right

Attached Files:

10. I'm not familiar with the flores I use the coco are you saying you don't use the A part or is grow formula a different product all together?

11. WIN_20190517_05_20_32_Pro.jpg

Now that's interesting !! Got this piece of paper from hydro store.
    I wrote to canna yesterday about feeding chart and ratio.. lets see what they answer.

12. Right but I would not hold my breath I sent an email to them about 45 days ago nothing yet.
    But I go to there site under grow guide and you can enter amount of water, your water type and normal or heavy feeding and it prints a the schedule ??
    Let me know if you find any out.
    I'm having same issues my fault for trying to grow 3 different strains with one nutrient solution .
    I'm in coco with automated feed

13. What are the NPK numbers of these nutes and the ratios for mixing? I've done a bit of reading and well it seems there are alot of people having similar issues. It may be the same as using MG bloom liquid. After doing the math I found that using no more then 5ml bloom to 3gal water was about the right mix due to such high NPK ratings.

14. I'm pretty sure Cannas answer would be to dial both a+b down if showing N toxicity. That's their claim they're saying the nutrients are perfectly balanced for what we do.
    I'm dialing mine down but adding their PK

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Yeah this seems right to me logically anyways. If my PK ever gets here... i can start to put that into the rotation. But they say to run it for only a week or so. I guess after that i'm running heavily diluted nutes...

All i know is my white widow autos don't like all the N, my Super Skunk seems to be thriving on the same exact formula so as you said, next time i'm sticking to one strain lol.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Right I got 3 all want it different

17. Yeah that sucks man, i did have 3, one was a random but turned out to be a male so i pulled it a few days ago. Also was loving the formula but never left veg. My white widows had N issues even while in veg. It's not killing them, but it's not ideal either and given enough time, it might kill them if left unchecked. Certainly no good for the yields.

But yeah its tempting because you want a variety of smoke to choose from. I grow accustomed to one, and like to switch to another for a week or so... i'll still be growing 2 strains once i get a few grows under my belt for that reason alone but... until i lean more strains and what they like, or pick out pheno's that i know and understand i'm sticking to one strain most likely.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Did the calculation
    So it recommends me to feed the equivalent of "B" in ml to both A and B.
    To be honest, I feel like I'm ready to step it up and will get a more advanced formula for next round.