Canfan vs Vortex

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ill420, Oct 2, 2009.

1. I've been trying to figure out which inline fan is the best. Based on quietness, reliability, and price? Also I want to know if there are any problems hooking up a can filter to a vortex or any other inline fan thats not a canfan. Thanks for your help

2. anybody?

3. help please?

4. I am also interested in this questions....anyone have any 1st hand experience wit either

5. I got a valuline 6" fan from the local shop (the only 6" fan they had on hand). Can anyone compare the sound level of this to a vortex or elicent? The valuline is loud but not too bad. I can turn it down a bit (speed controller) but it will hum a little when turned down from 100%.

6. any fan is going to be loud. someone on here has a sweet little DIY muffler made from a bucket. or you can just buy a muffler.

7. I use a Vortex 6" fan in my garage and once you hook up the ducting its really not that bad.

Without the ducting its sounds like a jet engine though heh.

8. i have a CanFan 8"HO fan, and its quiet. Real quiet....like a standard fan, or less kinda quiet.

if you put a standard oscillating fan in the room with the CanFan, all you hear is the doppler effect on the osc. fan. Completely drowns out the CAN.

-----

to the person talking about the speed controller causing the humming, turn the dial to where you want, if it hums, then turn the power off. let it chill a moment, then power it back up, leaving the router at the same speed setting. should cut the hum.

9. So far seems like Canfan's are the way to go...especially for me since ill b sleepin in the same room as my future grow

10. yea thanks for the info. sounds like ill go with the canfan cuz ive heard constantly that the vortex's are crazy loud. there hasn't been a lot of info on the canfans though, dont know why, they seem like top quality.

Aksala do you have your vortex hooked up to a carbon filter and if so what kind? and were there any problems connecting it to the filter or is it the same as any fan in regards to ease of connection?