Cane fields

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Pina cola, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Has anyone grown in cane fields? More specifically in hawaii?
    How is the soil for growing, and does the cane give off a similar heat signature? (since ir cams and similar are used)
    Any help appreciated.

2. no never sorry
    check harvest dates and if they spray pesticides etc not good if you smoke it
    but it's a good hiding spot
    i d k for the signature I think mj has a specific one but if it's a few plants don't worry about it.
    good hiding spot imo

3. here, most people do plant in cane fields, but the dangers are that almost all of the land is used by state agriculture without anyone even knowing. They throw a lot of people off by leaving the cane fields to grow out wild so they trick people in start their grows there. But when me and some buddies were first starting out, my uncle taught us a trick in which we would look for fresh tire tracks on a dirt road. Even if the tire tracks looked 2 months old, we would still never plant there because you never know what the state does to cover their traces like drive on the grass or spray water after their tracks. But most people try to plant in our cane fields because they think the soil is good, but actually the cane plants make the soil highly unstable in ph because you cant control how much sugar content is in the soil.

4. I figured the soil has a fucked up ph, but will it still grow plants? Im not gonna do alot of plants, maybe 10 or sumthing like that if it works out.

5. man buy your own soil.. get organic soil and buy a bag of perlite plant in the ground if you dont want to water all the time... i wouldent plant in those places i would go a little further into a forest or somethin that gets good sunlight but is a bitch to get to.. cuz u want to find somewhere will know one will want to walk to u know

6. The thing is i cant really get soil there... Its complicated but i just cant. And it has to be in there for now.

7. i wish i had this dilemma. fucking minnesota...

8. #8 Sickleg, Jul 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Do you know how much corn is in Minnesota???? Fuck cane I want CORN FEILDS!!

9. theres obv other places you can grow other than this cane field your talking about... u just havent looked hard enogh yet or have already found it and not willing for that spot... and you should be able to get soil man.. just look around at stores and what not in your area.. order some online ..

10. its has ph that is all over the place, but its still possible to grow. You just gotta test the soils ph to see if it is able to grow some plants. But if its your first time for a cane field grow op, i suggest you start off with 2 plants first just to get a feel for growing in places with different ph's.

11. Yeah, i know i can get soil, and find other places BUT.... The problem is i cant get to other places right now, and theres no way i can get soil there. (whatever i can fit in a camelbak can go.). Ill just try a couple plants out.. Got a few seeds to waste...