Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Candle jar airtight?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by xv9186, Aug 5, 2011.

1. I used to use one just like that. It's not completely airtight though. I suggest getting a mason jar.

2. Those jars are absolutely not airtight. Though the amount of gas exchange would be negligible.

They're fine for storing bud. Better than pill bottles or other jars you'll find around the house. I'd say they're one step below mason jars which would be the best choice.

3. #23 DriftingApart, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2011

The Container Store > Emma Glass Jar

Edit: Besides, mason jars are not ideal for storing broken up bud in, but I will agree with you that they are for storing the actual flowers. Because the jar is much larger, the trichromes are able to stick to a larger surface area of jar, and its easier to clean out a four ounce emma jar than a 16oz+ mason jar.

4. OHH. Yeah I was definitely imagining trying to remove a brand new candle out of the jar with a bic

5. #25 YoSmokinMan, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2011
    Nah. Air will get around the pressed in gasket over time. When you crank down the ring on mason jars that shit is sealed.

Edit: Just because a container says it's "air tight" doesn't mean it is. Stick with the tried and true mason jars.

6. take a knife and cut all that shit out and then scrape the rest out. i did mine like that and then just washed it with hot water and it works great