Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cancer

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by KFC 420, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Does wax cause cancer? Its a byproduct of butane correct? And there is no possible way to purge it 100%. So on the label of the butane bottle it says its known to cause cancer so I don't know about this shit

2. Wax is a by-product of cannabis, the butane is just the removing agent, just like alcohol, or cold water.

3. This!!

4. Yes but they still have to do a butane purge when they're making wax. And Ive seen on youtube people making it and instructing you on how to get rid of the butane. And they tell you to repeat several times implying that the butane is hazardous. So Im willing to bet that its not possible to get rid of all the butane in the mixture with all the cooking.

5. Yeah I don't fuck around with the shit just because of butane..

6. youre inhaling a little amount of butane every time you light a bowl, if that makes you feel any better about it

7. Aw shit this makes me sad:(

Last week my granddad got diagnosed with lung cancer. It's really spread, and they gave him 3 months.
    (they=doctors)

FUCK YOU TOBACCO!!

To answer your question
    After some time the butane will be completely evaporated. What people do to speed the process sometimes is to "boil" off the butane.

8. Making concentrates, and edibles is a waste of time in my opinion. You're just going to smoke/eat it after wasting all your effort making it anyways.

9. Not true. They give you different highs. Plus edibles taste fucking amazing.

10. I feel for you man. My mum passed away last year after liver/lung cancer. Sadly once diagnosed she only lived for another 10 weeks.

11. And thats why i use hempwick with an isobutane lighter ahaha. when i get real stoned i feel like the butane fucks with my high