Cancer Sucks!!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Prepper420, Nov 24, 2012.

1. I'm dedicating this Grow Journal to my good friend and fellow activist Ziggy who is a stage 3 lung cancer patient who's in remission thanks to the healing power of MMJ. Unfortunately he can't afford Hemp Oil/RSO, nor do we live in a medical state. I find it personally insulting that the growers he gets his weed from charge him the same price as a normal customer when Ziggy has only been given a year and a half left to live. Therefore I pledged to him and any other cancer patient to provide their first 60gram dose of RSO for free. It takes 1 pound of good quality bud to make RSO (Rick Simpsons Oil).

2. Not exactly. It takes a lb of weed to make 2 oz of oil, according to Rick. You can make it in smaller batches. The quality will still be the same I would rather make less, and have a patient taking it while I find ways to get them more in the meantime, rather them having none while I ponder impossible ways to acquire a pound.

3. Thats sucks man i would give him some weed if he lived by me..i had a heart transplant so i know how scary it is thinking you can die at anytime..tell him i wish him luck and hope you guys find some cheap bud

4. Setup: A 11ft x 11ft room in the basement.

Lined in IR Blocker (had helicopters hover over my old house where I wasn't using IR blocker. Scared the hell out of me.)

Ebb & Gro System with 12 pots, arranged into 2 donuts (6 pots in a circle with 1 1000watt HPS Hortilux bulb hanging vert, bare in the center with a small fan underneath blowing the hot air up to my 6" Vortex inline (that fan can move some serious air!) & passive intake.

I will be using 4 Bonsai mothers to take clones from from my grow. 2 ACID, 1 LA DIVA, & 1 MADNESS. (All seeds are from Attitude Seed Bank)

Technaflora nutrients for now till I have the money to switch over to X Nutrients.

5. My last grow, before I shut down and moved I got 2.3 pounds off 6 ACID plants with 1 1000watt HPS. I'm in the process of cleaning everything and setting it back up at my new home.

6. First 2 pics are my ACID, planted the La DIVA & MADNESS 10 days after those.

Attached Files:

7. Should also add all the plants surrounding my babies are sweet basil lol

8. My tall ACID is now 7 inches tall and everything is popped up and looking great!

9. The LA DIVA exploded with growth pretty much over night with over 2inches growth to put the plant at over 3 inches total!! Madness you can see in the background also reaching up high! Using Technaflora Thrive Alive B-1 Green and Root 66 at 1/4 strength.

Attached Files:

10. Lower the light way closer it is stretching way too much. And goodluck with your grow. Hope your buddy gets better.

11. Yeah, stretching is a issue. I topped my tallest plant to stop it's upwards growth.

12. Is Ziggy on Omega 3? He needs it to make working cannabinoid receptors so his body can fight the cancer! More working receptors will allow his body's own Anandamide and 2-AG (your body's versions of THC) to work better at stopping the cancer! Also, exercise raises your levels of anandamide and 2-AG. :hello:

Granny :wave:

13. Thanks for the tip! I'll pass on the info to him!

14. I setup my grow space and plugged in the 600w HPS, using a Ebb & Gro system with 12 pots in 2 donuts, 6 pots a light. My other bulb I haven't screwed in yet till I get some clones ready to go!

Attached Files:

15. 1st Pic: Sweet Basil
    2nd Pic: Madness, ACID, La Diva closest to farthest. (Lost and ACID and going to plant another seed!)

image-3446971468.jpg

Attached Files:

16. Well, this grow is changing completely, selling my hydro system and switching to organic soil and a light mover to maximize my 1000w, may sell my 600w too. Idk yet. Going completely organic, even using mountain spring water from a natural spring on my prosperity.

17. Just got my soil today, it's a complete mix of compost, EWC, all kinds manure, live worms, and a whole lot more! Only $15 for a 70lb bag.

Running 12 plants (ACID) under a 1000w HPS, hoping to get enough money for a light mover before they get to big! :) I'll expand the grow with smaller pots and more plants next round.

Attached Files:

18. I would do bigger pots and less bigger plants myself.

19. Why bigger pots and less plants?? I'm interested to know. I was actually going to downgrade to 2 gal pots and more plants after this grow completes.

20. Round 2 starting to pop up!

Attached Files: