Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

cancer and cannabis

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by KingStun10, Jan 13, 2012.

1. i was watching a national geographic called "drugs inc" many of you may have heard of, this specific one is on hash. Near the end of the video the narrator said there are risks of smoking hash such as there can be up to 70% more cancer causing chemicals in cannabis then on tobacco. This surprised me and i have a few questions regarding this.

1- Are they talking about hash smoke or cannabis in general?

2- Are they talking about natural tobacco or cigarettes?

I hate when videos state such a broad statement that could be interpreted in many different ways. I think that they mean cannabis smoke in general compared to natural tobacco which in that case could be true but cannabis compared to cigarettes would be a lot closer, i have always believed that cigarettes have more cancer causing chemicals.

What do you guys think?

2. They don't know what the fuck they're talking about to even mention tobacco smoke or cannabis smoke.

I believe that one day,they will discover that cannabis heals cancer.

3. Trust me, marijuana has shown to reduce cancer rates in people (vs people who don't smoke anything), and even cure it in some cases. It doesn't cause cancer at all, let alone half as much as tobacco smoke.

Drugs Inc. is a biased television show, nothing on it is fact. :mad:

4. Well bottom line there are much better ways than combustion; hash, other concentrates, edibles, vaporizing all eliminates any unwanted adulterants. So that show comparing the worst method of smoking weed, to cigarettes isn't valid at all.

CBD is proven to be an anti-tumor/anti-cancer chemical, and shown to kill tumors in mice. Also there is phoenix tears which undoubtedly kills cancer.

5. Don't listen to it.

I started watching Drugs Inc expecting something interesting, but all it was is bullshit. I had to change the channel because it was pissing me off how ignorant these people are.

6. Radio active chemicals is what gives you cancer which is not in weed. But there are radio active chemicals in tobacco thats why it gives you cancer.

7. When a broad statement is made on drugs you can just write it off as bull shit.

8. Thats very interesting but dont you think that national geographic wouldn't lie? Its globally known to be an amazing resource for everything. I dont want to disrespect anyone one the site but how would you people know how many cancer causing chemicals are in cannabis?

Please dont flame me but i just like to know all the answers

not saying that your lying but is there proof to back it up?

9. You know what money is?

So does national geographic, and they get a buttload of it for running that show and telling the general public absolute bullshit. It's pathetic I know, but you can never trust a government-run source.

Here is some proof:

10. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKh6ICvEROo]Marijuana & Cancer - YouTube[/ame]

11. No there are radioactive isotopes which cause cancer, but also chemical carcinogens that cause cancer.

Just because natgeo made a bunch of documentaries on cool things, doesn't mean they aren't biased when it comes down to the controversial issues.

Also, yeah there is tons of proof to back up the cancer killing properties of CANNABINOIDS, just google "cbd kills cancer" or "cbd anti tumor"

The active components inside of trichomes are completely harmless, that's why you want just those chemicals, anything else could potentially COMBUST into carcinogenic metabolites. That's why you avoid combustion so you don't get all this plant matter and bleached paper in your lungs.

Watch this:

http://www.1channel.ch/watch-2710459-What-If-Cannabis-Cured-Cancer

12. Marijuana is something you smoke therefore it is combustion and you are inhaling that into your lungs. For most people it will never cause cancer, because people that smoke weed smoke usually less then 20 joints a day its safer, less toxic, and less smoke is going into your lungs. However it does still damage you and your body. Since I started smoking I have bronchitis at least twice every year and my breathing capacity has gone down compared to when I didnt smoke. However their are other methods like vaping and edibles that have absolutely zero side effects on your body.

13. Just watch this doc and you will learn a lot about weed ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX2A3C07yIs]The Union - The Business Behind Getting High - YouTube[/ame]

14. #14 KingStun10, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2012
    Thank you guys for the proof and the video, i always thought that tobacco was a lot worse for your lungs and has more cancer causing chemicals in it. That is why when i heard it on the program i had to come here to see what they were talking about! i was honestly astonished when i heard it...

I have watched the union and have done a lot of research on cannabis because it is a very interesting subject for me and i enjoy the herb. When facts like this get thrown at me tho it really throws me off. This fact was said near the very end of the video so it the only thing i left the video with in my mind, government propaganda at its best.

15. My post explains why marijuana does not cause cancer. :wave:

16. Mannn. I just got done with this repeat episode on hash and was pissed. So I looked it up hoping too find a forum and clicked this not knowing it was GC. I then read the replys and they made me so happy. so proud. I then wanted to reply to say thank you to all of you; aside from OP. And not knowing the site I was ready to make an account so then I scroll up to see the site and I see GC is back and I had no clue =D
    Bless the return and bless all you; aside from you, OP