Canadians: Luckiest People Alive

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by SS4DBZ, Apr 18, 2004.

1. soon as its legal ill be over there in the biggest car/turck i could find...lol....

2. I really would like to get dual citizenship so that I could move to the south (warmer climate, I'm in Michigan.) And also have a house up North in Canada, but out in the middle of nowhere... I'd love that.

3. yeah Weed has been on the verge of legalization in canada for quite some time. it's basically legal in BC anyway (they do have the best weed too). the only place where people speak french in canada is Quebec, and official government buildings open to the public. the rest of us speak english, and unfortunately, the rest of us are also subject to marijuana laws. with the ways things are heading though, cops are getting pretty lax about marijuana law enforcement. last night i was drunk and high at a party, and a cop just so happened to show up. he didn't seem to be interested in any marijuana possession, he was just looking for open booze in cars.

4. It's part of my dream to one day buy a house in Canada and get a citizenship there. This conference is great to hear about, I hope it leads to decriminalization.

5. I love how it will be legal for 16 year olds to buy. I've always thought that if it was ever legalized, you'd have to be at least 18. I fully support Canada's decision there.

I just hope the US follows in Canada's footsteps. After it's legalized in Canada, people won't be able to ignore it as much. Everyone will start to realize the harmlessness in it and then even us here in the US will maybe move on to legalization. I really hope the US moves that way soon. Otherwise... Canada's about to get a population boom.

6. Dude, where in Ontario do you live? I live in Rochester, right across the lake, and I turn 19 in about a week, so we're gonna drive up to canada and hit the bars. maybe we'll smoke some canadian bud too.

7. I wouldn't bet the US ever allowing 16 year-olds to purchase it, nor 18 year-olds. It may very well be 21 and follow similar guidelines to alcohol.

I think the route to world peace is every foreign dignitary coming to a conference and just smoking up. That would get some good ideas into every government...especially if they just baked the entire room into a stony fog. :D.

8. i live like.. 130km north of toronto or so.
    near barrie if you know where that is

shure, sounds like a plan ontario has awesome weed if you wanna split on a banana.

peace

9. I have been giving serious thought to living in Canada when I get my Music Industry degree. I think this may have pushed my decision a little closer to "final". :D

10. Yea I'm considering moving to canada myself now, lol. Not just because of this, but I've always considered it and this helps. :p Yea I plan on taking a road trip to canada in the summer.

11. Are you guys forgetting about the political aspects of this ? your bush presidente wont be too happy, canadian american relations will be fucked and better yet, there will be mad restrictions even though i doubt this will ever take place

12. Not if Bush isn't President in 8 months.

13. I still think Amsterdam is the best place on earth. Not only is weed legal, so is shrooms, prostitution, nudity on television, pretty much anything you want. It's just a party capital. No drinking age (as far as I know, could be 18) ... it's just amazing.

14. We can all hope :)

15. Sadly it is highly likely that he will be re-elected.

16. out of all my friends and all of the people i have talked to a total number of 0 are voting to keep bush in office. bush is not a very good president.

17. dude i luv canada, why the hell would u bag it? You live in america, bag dekota and texas, and detroit, detroit has a worse living standard than countries in Africa. Africa dude, 3rd collection of countries exceluding like 3. Anyways, go canadaia, im half and so is u

18. oh yeah and bush is crazy (stupid?) i heard a rumour that if u look at his ear he has a little headphone in there than supposedlly tells him what to say. Anyone ever watched him? nad tink its true? He speaks in chunks of words so i guess it could be truu

19. I'm speechless.

20. Yeah, vote for Kerry. He's more liberal towards marijuana. He approves medical use, and that's where it all starts. It'll only be time before we follow Canada's great example.

Otherwise, get most of the country to vote Libertarian. They believe in all drugs being legal. Too bad they're a small party, though.