Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Canadian with RA...

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Plunky, Feb 12, 2012.

1. :wave: Hi there!!

So I am a 25 year old with Rheumatoid Arthritis. It is an autoimmune disease where my body attacks my joints. It hurts!! The good news is I've been treating my RA through strict diet and marijuana. I got off my meds awhile ago and am doing good. I feel pretty darn good and I can thank the pot and diet control for that.

I also have a degenerative eye disease (related to the RA) and found that, lo and behold, pot helps it too! I cant tolerate any light so when going outside I need to smoke pot before I go out or I will be in pain the rest of the day with terrible headaches and eye aches. The eye disease is worse than the RA right now and is a huge fucking bummer. :(

Any idea if I will have trouble getting a license? I do not see my rheumatologist anymore (she's a fucking quack! straight up) and I am pretty sure since she knows I am off the drugs she will not recommend me to Health Canada anyways. I have a GP but she seems pretty straight edge, I know she won't help me on this one.

What are my options here? I'm pretty sick of having to buy from drug dealers and want to grow my own. However I want to do it legally.

2. I know this is a mostly U.S forum so I hope there are some Canadians on here.

And to clarify I KNOW that Rheumatoid arthritis is an approved disorder to be treated with pot. My eye condition would prob qualify for it as well.

My question is how hard is it to find a doctor to prescribe? I've heard it's VERY difficult.

3. Im Canadian also :) Where do you live in Canada? Some provinces are stricter then others.

4. You can make a appointment with a medical marijuana doctor via Skype and get a recommendation that way. It costs money for a consultation though. Just make sure you have all your paperwork on your illness and passport to give to the doctor.

5. I just posted this in another thread, so here you go. Medical Marijuana. Check that out, they should be able to get you on the right track there are some good people over there.