Canadian Marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by ConfusedTourist, Sep 14, 2018.

1. With all the changes in Canada approaching it's only normal that tourists will head there. My hippie dad has said he will pay for a trip but only if he can find places to buy the stuff. I agree that there is no point putting in the cash and turning up only to find out they only serve medical patients. From the articles I read the country is set to change legalization status in October, but I can't find any store that's saying they'll be selling in October. How can I find a store? Is there any way to figure it out before October so we can arrange our hotel and stuff?

2. where in canada you going?

October 17th it will be legal everywhere. Some places may not have any, might be mail order for a while.

3. Either Quebec or Montreal. We will go wherever it is simpler to find for sale to tourists.

4. doesn't matter where you go, coming here right in October might leave you disappointed if all you're coming here for is weed.

there will not be smoking cafes or lounges at first, no edibles available for a couple years, you can't smoke in public, its going to be treated just like booze.

most distribution will be thru government stores to begin with.

you want a truly amazing canadian vacation, try salmon fishing on the west coast. that's worth the $$

coming to canada just for a bag of weed, meh....

• Like Like x 1
  5. Good info! Thank you!

How can I find a government store?

I have gotten on many a plane for a pot trip, so I am excited at the prospect of just getting in a car for it. Taking any pot trip is a lot more than just a bag of weed.

6. have to wait for the stores to be opened first. locations have not been id'd yet. stay tuned

7. Visit Colorado instead. US Border Patrol will be coming down hard on anything Cannabis related when Canada goes fully legal in Oct.
    Canadians are already getting asked if they have EVER touched Cannabis and are being banned US entry for LIFE for admitting ANY Cannabis use in their lifetime.
    Really a fucked up situation currently and it'll only get worse until Jeff Sessions is out of office as he thinks Cannabis is worse then drug XXXXXXXXX.

Colorado is wide open with pot shops on every corner it seems. Even the smallest tiny towns have a pair of weed shops.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  8. If you're an American returning from Canada they can't refuse you entry but if they ask if you used pot in Canada I'd lie and say no or they'll strip you and your car down and let you put it back together. I had that happen 25 years ago and it's no fun. Neither was the strip search. Not even a roach or seed did they find.

We were just tripping across the border to buy beer at Sumas, WA on a Sunday afternoon and they checked our IDs. One of my buddies had a conviction for pot so we got the full monty and he had to walk back to the Canada customs and wait for us to get the beer and come back. All the door panels and other crap were in the trunk until we got back to my place and put it all back together.

I can only imagine that they are even stricter now but I have no plans to ever return to the states even tho my record is clean. 50 years smoking and growing without ever being charged much less convicted of a drug offense. Knock wood! :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. There are 20ish dispensary stores in Ottawa. Illegal mind you but haven't met anyone who has got pinched buying there. I go sometimes. Always a lineup.you would think its a chipwagon at lunch time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ya saw that last year when i was there. busiest store on the block!

• Like Like x 1
  11. there will be a ton of pot shops once it's legalized. I live in a small rural town and we are getting 2.
    Canna cafes are few and far between. Even once legalization happens itll be a while before they are relatively common. Mark emery(prince of pot) has a lounge in Vancouver called cannabis culture. Its technically illegal but the city has turned a blind eye to it.
    It's quite easy to get mail order pot anywhere in Canada. There are a ton of websites. Ganjaexpress.com is my favorite. Very discreet. If you have a friend or family on this side of the border you could get it sent to their house ahead of time.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. No medical card required for most online purchases either. They usually just need proof you are 18/19 or older (depending on province)

Sent from my SM-G903W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Always welcome to stop by here and smoke a bowl on me when your in town

Sent from my SM-A530W using Grasscity Forum mobile app