Canadian Marijuana law change?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by ehngage, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Wow, on his twitter he said that they should expect a ruling before August 28, does that mean we won't know if it is legal till then?

2. I would think the ruling would come today. Can the courts really hear cases, both sides, then send people away saying "We'll think about it and let you know in three months?".. The outcome should be made known at the end of the trial like any other case, its in the CoR&F

3. Anybody hear anything since this morning?

4. Its going on now. One tweet just came in; "Judge to Canadian prosecutors "You are in the losing Column" re R. vs Mernagh"

5. From his twitter?

6. So what time will.we find out the ruling today? This evening or earlier?

7. Matt will be on pottv to talk about it all at 4pm est.

8. I despise waiting. Lol

9. 1 pm pacific time can't come fast enough!!!

10. Lol you guys can get your hopes up all you want but it won't happen and won't be legalized. And you guys are constantly asking "Did it go through?" "Did it get legalized?" if it did it would be all over the news..

11. Yeah we're trying to be optimistic, its a pretty exciting case in Canadian marijuana history.

12. [quote name='"Gryphonics"']Lol you guys can get your hopes up all you want but it won't happen and won't be legalized. And you guys are constantly asking "Did it go through?" "Did it get legalized?" if it did it would be all over the news..[/quote]

Yea they've probably had guys already preparing new laws just in case. If the laws are thrown out they'll pass new ones in no time

13. Lol yeah, in 'no time' :rolleyes::cool:

14. [quote name='"DaCrazyHun"']

Lol yeah, in 'no time' :rolleyes::cool:[/quote]

Or within 90 days, not that long is it????

15. Still plenty of time to smoke up without being afraid of being arrested or the cops called.

So yeah, I'd take those 3 months and they would be the best 3 months of smoking ever.

Even if it doesn't stay legal for long, Canada will be the only country that had gone to the point of legalization. Which may convince others.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

16. Just said on his Facebook " court has tested, expect a ruling in the next few months"

Sooooo what does that mean for now?

17. [quote name='"DaCrazyHun"']

Even if it doesn't stay legal for long, Canada will be the only country that had gone to the point of legalization. Which may convince others.

Enjoy it while it lasts.[/quote]
    Yeah hopefully towards the end when people finally see there hasn't been a major increase in crime, overdoses, and death it might soften their views a bit.

18. No, it says

"Court has rested anticipate a ruling in a few months"

Which sounds promising to me?

19. Yeah apparently he did well, which does sound promising.
    Does it not mean that it's technically decriminalized until the decision is made?