Canadian Marijuana law change?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by ehngage, Apr 27, 2012.

1. So excited!
    Guys I feel like it'll be a positive change!

2. Imma get me some weed and hope it becomes legal, if it does... To the cop shop I go, goona have a shit eating grin on my face while I hit my bong

3. Here's a link to the guy's twitter page. Looks like everything's going well so far!

Twitter

4. I cant see it, I dont have twitter.. anyone care to reiterate?

5. I don't quite understand how any of this will mean that marijuana will be legal if he wins...

6. I dont quite understand how the results of this trial will mean marijuana is legal in Canada. Maybe someone could elaborate please

7. #68 Deleted member 476945, May 8, 2012
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
    TODAY: Cannabis Champion Heads Back To Court For Rematch Bout Over Medical Marijuana | Cannabis Culture Magazine

8. I don't have twitter either, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Regardless, Matt (the guy who first brought this to trial with his lawyers) is saying that everything is going well. He explains that "we don't have to win, they have to win" meaning that the court is basically on his side, and it's the opposition's job to try to convince 2 out of 3 judges to overturn the ruling. From his twitter, it seems like there's a good chance for legalization.

I mean, seriously, what could possibly go wrong now? :D

From what I've read, the judges in Matt's original trial ruled that it was not unconstitutional for him to grow weed on his own. Consequently, they ruled that Canada's laws against weed were unconstitutional.
    Technically, this means that weed is already legal in Canada...
    However
    Some douchebags (the opposition) are now fighting to appeal that decision. That's what's going on in the court today and tomorrow. If they convince 2 out of 3 judges to overturn the ruling, weed stays illegal. If the court stays with its decision (which, according to Matt, seems likely so far) then weed will be legal at least in Ontario, and very likely in all of Canada.

Wow, that was a lot of typing. I'm not even from Canada. Just trying to help though! Hope it goes through!

9. Thanks dude. Here's hoping anyway.
    Having history made in Ontario would be pretty awesome.
    I just started smoking again after a 6 year long break so I didn't really pay too much attention to the happenings.

10. How did the day go? Anyone attend?

11. So will we know tomorrow if weed is legal in Canada?

12. [quote name='"coachz"']Here's a link to the guy's twitter page. Looks like everything's going well so far!

Twitter[/quote]

Whats his twitter username.
    Like @mernagh or something?

13. [quote name='"ThatFriendlyGuy"']

Whats his twitter username.
    Like @mernagh or something?[/quote]

It's @mernajuana
    Rather clever actually lol

14. [quote name='"lukiemia"']

It's @mernajuana
    Rather clever actually lol[/quote]

It doesn't seem to exist...

15. We will know tonight. But it could also just be in Ontario. There are a lot of different routes this can go in.

16. [quote name='"ThatFriendlyGuy"']

It doesn't seem to exist...[/quote]

Sorry dude I spelt it wrong. @Mernahuana

17. He tweets every few minutes lol. Look at the total number of tweets

18. [quote name='"ThatFriendlyGuy"']

It doesn't seem to exist...[/quote]

Sorry spelt it wrong. @mernahuana

19. watching his twitter hopefully something good comes of this