Canada's Progress

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Deutschbag, Jul 6, 2009.

1. I was wondering if any Canadian blades could tell us how progress is going on the federal or province level in Canada. I am curious because of the administration change in America if it's done anything yet for Canadians.

2. Not much has happened since Obama in the states. In response to Obama's speech about decriminalization, Liberal MP Keith Martin had something to say.

"It is time that we ended this charade. The "war on drugs" has done nothing to reduce illegal drug use, crime, harm, or cost."

There is probably much more that has happened, if someone could please shed the light open even more that would be great!

3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xt2arOqOhU]YouTube - Keith Martin[/ame]

4. last I heard harper said somethin along the lines of minimum 1 year sentences for dealers and growers :O

not the best news, but my facts may be off. it's on the webs If u wanna read more

5. Harper is making Canada move backwards. Search bill C-15 (or if you are searching on here, I believe the best topic mistakenly has bill C-51 in it's title) for more information.

Minimum mandatory sentencing =( not what Canada needed

6. Thats balogna. Nobody gives a shit here if you smoke ;)

7. This guy's idea of decriminalization isn't bad, i'd up the number of non criminal plants to 5 tho. But I think decriminalizing would be much better than legalize, the most you get is a fine, and that can be changed, and it stays tax free and marketing/corporation bullshit free.

8. That will be fine and dandy if bill C-15 doesn't pass.