Canada's Pot Laws

Discussion in 'General' started by COOOL, Oct 20, 2007.

1. :smoke:Hey everyone, i was wondering if anyone could share some insight on the current grow penalty in canada...i know that in the state of NY if your over 100 plants its a mandatory 5 year penalty...which i would never risk:mad: ive heard the worst you can get is house arrest in canada for any amount:hello:(is this true?)....

2. - growing from 1-3 plants: summary conviction (criminal) offence with maximum penalty of $5000 fine, 12 months in jail, or both; (NOTE: the House of Commons committee that reviewed Bill C-38 amended this provision so that producing up to three plants would be punishable only by a fine ($500 for adults, $250 for young persons)).

- growing 4-25 plants: summary conviction or indictable offence (depending on what the Crown attorney decides) with maximum penalty of $25000 fine, 18 months, or both (if tried by summary conviction) and five years less a day (if tried on indictment);

-26-50 plants: up to 10 years prison

- more than 50 plants, up to 14 years prison.

3. awwww i c.....so its actually fairly similar.....i dono im drunk...damnnnnnnnn canada is so chill tho