Canada's Military May Work With U.S. And Mexico In Narcotics Fight

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Berry, Mar 28, 2012.

1. This might actually be a good thing, now just hear me out. If the US and Canada go to war with the cartels, it will still end up in one thing, PEOPLE STILL USING THE SAME AMOUNT IF NOT MORE DRUGS. Even if the US and Canada ends up killing the cartels off (which is a BIG IF), drugs are still going to be used here in the states, and to be honest I don't think I have ever smoked Mexican weed (of course I have never lived near Mexico to know). My point is this, after they block drugs from entering into the states from the border, well guess what, people are still going to do drugs, and people are still doing to rob (if not more) to do those drugs. It will be like a slap in the face, a breath of fresh air, they will finally realize that there is no stopping it.

2. I think it might be a good thing too, but for different reasons. This war on drugs thing and prohibition have come to a head - we are moving towards legalization and the government knows it. There's a lot of things that need to be considered in a shift towards a drug-regulated market vs prohibition and one of them is what's going to happen with the cartels and dealers when somebody finally says it ain't $200/lb anymore, it's $10/lb. This obviously isn't going to go over well with these people and the military will probably be needed just to try and maintain some sort of order.

3. What would be the point of the gangs acting out just because the prices drop? Even if the gangs started to kill their own drug dealers for not pushing the prices, how would that affect the legal use? I just think the gangs/cartels would start to push harder shit, stuff that makes money, cocaine, heroine, meth, X, acid, prostitution, and would probably end up in more blood. I agree though, the military could definitely give a hand to Mexico, innocent people dying in the streets all the time in that country, it's pretty sad to see, all I have to say is...predator drones.

4. What about them? The U.S. is flying them over the border already.
    Don't encourage the militarization of America, please.

5. or, you know, everyone could legalize weed and then no more problems.

6. first step towards marshall law.

7. They're already pushing that all shit - what happens when all that business goes dead because of legalization? That's an estimated $40 billion/yr that was just taken away from the cartels. About 50,000 mexicans have been killed over the recent years in the competition to provide drugs to the US. How many people will be killed or go hungry when that $40 bil/yr is taken away? Mexico is probably going to need help in transitioning to legalization.

8. I agree, however, I was simply talking cannabis legalization, I doubt the US is about to make cocaine or heroine legal.

9. This will be a war fought in Mexico and on the Texas border, about time. Since when did it become wrong for the military to fight on its own soil. The fucked up part is that it will have little effect since there is so much money involved and since Mexico isn't the world's leading producer of illicit drugs.

10. i love medical marijuana.

11. the most unbelievable thing about this is since the u.s a has ocupied afghanastan
    they are now supply enough herion for the world. and it seem's like the big pharma opiate pill's wherent flooding the market for just any reason they where trying to get as many of us hooked

12. Actually there are alot more cartels than you think. Where I live if the goodies arent locally grown they come from either cartels or hells angels :eek:

13. They already know what there doing doesnt work lol

14. I shot down a predator drone. Wish me luck.