Canada's $30 Million Anti-Pot Media Campaign

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by ngust, Jan 5, 2010.

1. The Conservative party of Canada has taken a hard line on drugs. Even though we are still in a recession they decided to spend $30 million on an anti-pot advertising campaign. You can watch the first commercial here:
    Harper's Anti-Drug Commercial

It is modeled after the Partnership for a Drug Free America, the ones who brought us "this is your brain on drugs". What is going on in Canada? Mexico decriminalized this year, the US is taking baby steps towards better drug laws but Canada is back peddling.

2. This is always the best way to spend the money. That way, when the public school system runs out of money, they can claim they were keeping those same kids off of drugs while systematically brainwashing the kids to believe in their horrible propaganda of not just drugs, but the governments' agenda and 'truths'.

Who doesn't win in this situation, besides everybody but the government? :rolleyes:

3. lame. so over-dramatized. thats propaganda alright.

the kid didn't accept the j because it was rolled crappy.

4. Money well spent.

5. much better use for that money: convert it all into $1's and burn it in a coal power plant

6. This is so typical of the Harper government. They have their heads so far up their asses that they haven't seen daylight in years.

Harper and the Conservatives are the worst thing that has happened to Canada since Mulroney's Progressive Conservatives.

7. haha word man, that j was shit

8. Haha well said

9. q f t

10. #10 Skunko, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2010
    This is what they should be showing as a advertisement XD

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6FL0pmJeaE]YouTube - DOG TALKS Anti marijuana AD Spoof (truth about dogs)[/ame]

On a serious note that is seriously a tremendous waste of the tax payers money...

11. in before "America made Canada do it or something"

12. Nice to see heil harper wisely spending tax dollars as per usual. What a fucking clown, thats a pathetic ad if I've ever seen one.

13. one step forward two steps back. I bet if young people cared about voting and politics canada would be a different place. (not saying that all youth dont vote, but i have never known anyone that has voted on an election)

14. Not just young people my man, try everyone, canadians seem to like bitching about or politicians after its far too late. People need to get encouraged to vote, but sometimes its hard to pick a side when theres leaders like harper and ignatieff.

15. LMAO, thats great.

16. Man, it's cuz we're all so high and lazy.

Harper knows this, he does all this super quick political action stuff and before us potheads have a chance to do anything about it, it's too late.

But seriously this is absolutely retarded. Our money is being completely wasted and our PM wants to take a few months off to watch the Olympics...What next Stephen, what next?

17. Privatized jails by the looks of it. Seems like the PM wants draconian marijuana laws.

18. Glad to know Canada spends their tax payer dollars wisely :cool:

U.S is 10x as worse though so whatever.:(

19. I saw this ad tonight while blazed. This shit is hilarious. Discourage everyone from smoking the herb, more for me. Fucking conservatives.

20. Hold the fuck up, am I the only one missing the boat on this one when the commercial portrays a bunch of 13/14/freshmen high schoolers at a party DRINKING, but of course smoking the J is getting crucified?

:mad:

All I got from the ad was, weeds bad but drinking! Thumbs up!