Canada

Discussion in 'General' started by Mastercheefen, Dec 12, 2006.

1. I'm 19, attending a university. At the moment i have no idea what i plan on majoring in. One problem i find myself debating daily is that fact i have to pay for weed. It is the biggest waste of money when you think about it, and i'd love to grow, but the idea of going to jail outweighs the benefits of growing. Am i a complete stoner that i'd actually contemplate moving to canada, where it's much easier to grow and safer, or should i just keep buying until i quit toking? I'm in no position to move right now, i could possibly do an abroad program through my school which could help me figure out a career. What do you fellow americans think about this? Do you want to move as well, or are you content with living here and the continual risk involved with smoking weed?

Canada people welcomed, yes even you Rasta. (We've had our disagreements but all is forgiven and forgotten in my book).

2. Hey I live in T.O I'd say if you move to canada don't grow just smoke. Its still alot cheaper..

3. Why do you say dont grow? I cant imagine it would be cheaper...Autopots + a HPS setup is <300...which can get you ounces upon ounces. How old are you btw?

4. Just go for it dude indoors or outdoors you will still be taking a risk. Indoors it will be up to you if you get caught and outdoors more ladyluck and position thinkin about outdoors but gotta find a location first doing indoors right now but dont wanna get my peeps in trouble so outdoors it is once the season comes

5. Yessir. How old are you? Where have you been looking to find housing? I should be moving out of my parents house into an appartment pretty soon with a buddy, but who knows whats ahead you know...

6. Thats why i want to leave this country. I see so many people from Canada growing on this site without a care. I envy them and i hate the fact i cannot do anything about it but move. Like i said, going to jail is not worth growing weed to me. I wish i could move to Spain, grow all you want for personal use. Fuck i need to visit my uncle in Spain...

7. I'm 23, and i replied to your question in the other thread:smoking:

8. It's still ilegal and not worth the risk.

9. I cant imagine the consequences are as severe as here in the US. I'll take your word for it thought since you do live in Canada. I just figured it would be more difficult to find a decent connect if i move up there not knowing anybody...

10. Moving to Ohio in two years there laws are pretty low for canabis convictions like a slap on the wrist for cultivation 100g or less. But I do wanna move to Canada trying to grow once a year atleast 6 or 7 oz a harvest smoking about a 1/2 a month. I know its risky but all I gotta do is keep it hidden(concealed no light leaks), keep the smell out with a carbon Filter which are cheap to make, and dont sell or tell anyone.

11. im growin just fine with no worries in the US, im no big producer by any means, the most plants i end up gettin is around 11-12 but its truly not that hard to get away with. its 90 percent your fault and 10 percent shitty luck, ill take those chances anyday

12. I agree. Maybe i should wait till i get my own home before i move lol...I wish you luck man, and i hope you never experience the ugly side of growing. Stay safe!

13. moving just to use recreational drugs shouldnt be a priority.

14. Those are the words i wanted to hear. Thank you.

15. It's definately not just to use recreational drugs. Not the way I view it anyways. Look at what's happening to our freedoms in the US, they are slowly disappearing. I want to move to a country where I don't have to worry about the police obtaining a search warrant just to bust a few stoners with no more than an ounce for personal use.

It's not just about "using recreational drugs", it's about a change of perspective and cultural viewpoint

16. Hey Mastercheefen,

I just wanna say that it takes alot of balls to put that kind of thing behind you, and I really admire that. Thats the kind of spirit that keeps GC alive and kickin'

I got no beef with you, bro, I don't even remember what we were fussin' and fightin' about. You've definitely earned some rep (if I can't contribute now, then you're on my list for another thread), but rep +

Anyways, with that out of the way, I just want to bring up the fantastic medical marijuana program that Canada now has. Now, obviously this is only good if you're a patient of medicinal marijuana.

But the program is very smooth, especially compared to the rocky legal system of the California medicinal cannabis program. I can give you more information if you're interested in the program, application information, garden information, etc. etc.

Decriminalization has taken a back seat to many other issues, since Stephen Harper took the helm of this country - but another election is more than likely just around the corner and pretty much everybody but the conservatives would go for decrim as a vote-grabber, and have in the past.

Cannabis is much more socially accepted in Canada, I think. It's not so much of a stigma as it is in the states. People have numerous stories of walking away from cops, etc.

I'm pretty sure Toronto has the largest gathering for the Global Marijuana March (25,000 last year), and this year promises to be even bigger. (May 5th at Queens Park, for all you Torontonians and GTA inhabitants). On that note; this event is easily on of the best experiences you'll ever have; great herb, great food, great people, great vibe, great music.

2007 Global Marijuana March - Sign up your City today!

17. No your not looking at life in prison but you're still probably getting jail time. I don't actually know the exact laws. And finding a connect is ALOT easier than you think here. Just don't go downtown. Where are you moving to? Drop me a pm

This is as close to a possile hook-up as it gets. Hookup's are clearly against the rules so consider this the only warning! *RMJL

18. Lol this man speaks the truth, (though I think the weed is better in Montreal) our Marijuana March was SICK. You could smoke a joint infront of cops, they couldn't arrest EVERYONE!

19. So many good stories from 2006 march!

I was standing on the edge of a path, just light up like my 10th joint of the day, then all of a sudden 4 cops, wearing bright yellow 'police' jackets walk by.

I just give them a "hello officer", nod and proceed to toke my joint.

They didn't bug us, we didn't bug them. not to mention it's hard to arrest 25,000 people.

Hahaha such a good day... since this park is right next to a parliamentary building, there were cops there all day long, just walking around, watching. I didn't see a single arrest, or a cop confront a single person.

I watched the news that night (they gave shitty coverage, making it seem like a novelty as opposed to a serious political march), but they talked to the police chief and all he really said was "well there is a alot of dope smoking going on, but we're just here to make sure everybody is safe and having a good time"

So, I'd like to thank the Toronto Police Department, they're cool cats.

EDIT: by the way, Queens Park is right across the street from U of T campus too!