Canada Legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by dankness420, Oct 22, 2015.

1. I would agree, prices were based off earlier data, prices seem to be falling since there is a lot of competition between dispensaries. But regardless i'll bet that once its legal it will still be more expensive then what we are use too. So when the government decides to legalize and sell, regardless of price they are not really legalizing it, there just controlling it. There just becoming that next guy to buy off of but in the end, they can't be busted like the rest.

All we can do is sit back and watch the show unfold.

2. It has come! It has come! For the first time in my life I legally bought weed in a dispensary!

3. Medical?

4. a g of Rec bud between 16-21 after taxes, medical like 9-15

5. Congratulations!
    Is it medical?
    How much did it cost, if you don't mind?

6. medical 12 per g

7. Ontario Wants Marijuana Regulations Guidance From Federal Government

TORONTO - Ontario is looking for federal government guidance on regulating clinics that sell medical marijuana and on how pot should be sold for recreational use once it's legalized.

The federal Liberals promised in this month's throne speech to "legalize, regulate and restrict access to marijuana" to keep it out of the hands of children while also denying criminals the financial profits.
    The new government plans to remove possession of small amounts of marijuana from the Criminal Code and create new laws to more severely punish those who provide it to minors or drive while under its influence.

Premier Kathleen Wynne says there hasn't been enough discussion about the distinctions between medicinal and recreational marijuana, which is one reason she suggested Ontario's government-run liquor stores would be well-suited to retailing legalized pot.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/12/20/wynne-want...

Thats what I am talking about, more discussion on this topic the better, thats one more step forward for us!

8. I totally agree with the second comment about that.....

9. I'm just wondering how long all that red tape will take-all those endless discussions, regulations, coordination and all that bullshit. Looks like it won't be fast...

10. I am not expecting it anytime soon. There really is a lot of things they need to figure out, literally building it from the ground up. Yeah they can build off other places but going country wide...not much to go off of.

Even though i voted liberal, I really do hope that legalization isn't there main priority. Either way we will continue to smoke, legal or not. If they don't 'legalize'(highly unlikely) then they will surely 'allow' the next party too.

In the end I do know that 10 years from now, Canada will have a well established marijuana market.

1. Did you like it? Was it better than "street"?
    2. How was it price-wise compared to your (former?) dealer?
    3. What strain was it?
    4. Thank you.

11. How hard is it to regulate weed? c'mon now. It's not fucking rocket science. It gets harder when you have to consider all the people you have to bribe to get off your back I guess.

12. Like I said though, they need to build an entire system from scratch basically. Everything from where the recreational marijuana is grown, who is allowed to sell it, when, where, hash? edibles? will they allow citizens to grow? is so then will stores sell clones? how much the tax rate will be, where will the tax dollars go to...surely much much more.

Again like I said earlier, its not there top priority. Which thankfully its not. Don't worry, we will get there but its going to take some time. Maybe january 1st 2017 would be the earliest I could see it happen. Just a guess based of my opinion.

13. Don't Let Those Who Opposed Legal Cannabis Profit From It Now

Before premiers, liquor unions and corporations start falling all over each other in an effort to cash in on legal cannabis sales, let's remember the real reasons we should be ending cannabis prohibition in Canada.

Yes, we should be legalizing cannabis in Canada, but not because of the tax revenue it will generate, and not because legalization a better way to keep cannabis from kids, and not even because polls show that most Canadians now support changing the law.

We should be ending cannabis prohibition in Canada because the war on cannabis and cannabis users has always been unjustified, immoral and harmful to individuals and society.

Let us remember that cannabis prohibition was founded solely on racism and ignorance. There was never any valid scientific, health, or social reason to ban cannabis and punish cannabis users in the first place. As a society, we need to acknowledge these truths before we can start talking about tax rates and points of sale.

The first step must be to immediately end all arrests for possession and personal cultivation, nationwide. That must be at the top of the agenda for any cannabis reform in Canada.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/dana-larsen/legal-can...

14. It is better than street. it smells so hard you have it in your pocket and you can smell it on you
    35 for 1/8 same price as street
    Master Kush Snoop's favorite
    You're welcome

15. Yup, unfortunately cannibus legalization is being used as a tax cow to fund the very organizations who harassed mj users and Canada will be no different. It is an extortion racket, so who gives a hoot if it's legal or not. Either way we will be getting bent over the rail.

16. I missed this one, thoughts? Plus one for medical marijuana!
    (not related to recreational...or will it be?)

Canadian company's marijuana-infused coffee pods ready for brewing

There may soon be a new use for your Keurig coffee maker - brewing pot.

Canadian medical cannabis producer CannTrust has created a single-serve marijuana pod called the CANNCUP.

Like other pods on the market, the CANNCUP will contain your choice of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. But these capsules will have a little extra something - dried cannabis.

Pop one in your single serve coffee machine and it will brew up a hot drink spiked with "a standardized dose of medical marijuana," explains CannTrust CEO Eric Paul.

CannTrust wants to join U.S. companies that are already serving up pot pods.
    Paul claims the marijuana won't affect the taste, and at an estimated $3 to $4 a pod, the price will be comparable to a high-end cup of coffee. And yes, the CANNCUP is apparently Keurig compatible.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canadian-company-s...

17. Cool. Looking forward to the time when I can choose the strain I like and buy it legally.