Canada legalisation 2018

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by hagravenes, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Hey so I live in British Columbia and am very excited by the penalty removal for cannabis possession, purchase etc. but I can't find any information on cultivation will cultivation be legal as well? Will we be able to grow unlimited plants? I would like to hear you're opinions on if the marijuana market can compete with the black market, if it is going to make purchase harder or easier for minors. Open ended forum.

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I believe there's a 4 plant limit but I'm not 100% on that. Any place that sells weed should try to sell it at a price less than what dealers sell it for. So where I live dealers generally sell for 10$ a gram, to compete with that they should try to aim for 7 or 8.

• Like Like x 2
  3. i'm not sure about the legality, but thats awesome! can't wait for canada to have legal bud :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Will they have dispensaries that sell weed like the states that have already legalized do?

5. The four plant limit is just absurd. Why even put a limit home growing at all? I assume Daddy Government doesn't want to lose tax revenue from folks growing their own flowers?

6. Every province will be making its own policy’s. In Alberta it is 4 plants under 3 ft...
    If I remember correctly bc is similar

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. For kids getting it, I think it won't be any less difficult or easy. Most people (and probably me because I won't be 19 for a month after it's legal) are probably gonna get their older friends or siblings to pull for them. So I don't think much will change in terms of teens smoking it.

8. So you can hold up to a certain amount but not consume it at home (landlords) or in public, so where ? Will there be cannabis cafes? What about second hand smoke and children being around? How about driving high?

There are lots of questions, the gov is lacking and seems unprepared with this july 1st date

9. You can carry up to a ounce “on the go” from my understanding and carry/ hold as much as you want at home and allowed 4 indoor plants per house hold no more then 3 ft tall and no outdoor growing allowed
    It’s the landlords decision if your lucky like myself it’s not a problem you can smoke weed in the house. It will be treated like cigarettes which is understandable you can smoke out on your deck but if landlord says no smokin then you must do outside.
    You can smoke in areas people are allowed to smoke cigarettes it’s treated the same
    ZERO tolerance for driving impaired and working impaired I believe ( unless medically prescribed by a physician )
    And yes they appear from current news feed that they are pulling out and it’s not happening again!
    Hope I cleared that up a bit; note some of those laws may vary this is mostly just from what I read up on my province

10. Yeah the excuse was they didn't want to legalize it on July 1st because of the canada day holiday but they do not seem ready. Anyway it's almost legal here in BC can buy online, shipped to your door if you are 19 or older. Plenty of stores popping up everywhere

11. Also cannabis stocks exploded last November, from 30 cents to 3 dollars which is insane for stocks. I invested in crypto instead but if you guys have a few hundred bucks get some stocks, some are only three dollars each

12. Guess what they are stalling legalization again. My guess is they will do this 2-3 more times because they have no idea how to handle or implement this

13. I am super pissed with Canada's government and especially Quebec's. Apparently we won't be allowed to grow at all. Yet in Ottawa, right next to Quebec, you will be able to grow 4 plants.

Looks like I am moving soon!