Canada Guy's Outdoor Garden 2018

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Canada Guy, May 26, 2018.

1. Hey guys! Big news today! I just recieved some old seeds from an old friend. I have literally been searching for this strain for almost a decade, then miraculously they just dropped in my lap. I was searching for some kind of a cherry or grape strain and buddy asked what are you looking for? I replied I'm searching for a very hard to find strain, your store won't have it in stock, and I doubt you will even be able to order it. This strain was created a long time ago and my search for it was quickly over. No one had any in stock, the ones that did were sold out right away and my dreams were pretty much forgotten about, till I saw someone mention it here on GC. So as I'm standing in buddy's shop he asks me, what is this magical strain you seek? I reply with 2 words, Jilly Bean. He pauses for a moment, obviously not hearing those words in a while, then exclaims ahh The Green Avenger! The following 10 minutes were filled with an old man's story about a guy he used to know a long time ago and these seeds he got from this guy. Long story short he has some seeds in his freezer that are part of his private collection. The next day I get a text and go down to the shop, and there they are. In a tiny bag, right in front of me! The search is finally over! I quickly ask with a sparkle in my eye and drool in my mouth, are these the ones? The real deal? He replies with a smile, yes they are! They have been sitting in my freezer since 2008, they may or may not germinate. Holy crap! This is the real, original, Jilly Bean! I asked him why he is selling them, he said he has more strains than he could pop in the next several years and he's more of a diesel or chernobyl kind of guy.

These ladies are going to steal the show in the indoor grow.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. I just finished and love it

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have a couple buddies that love the Royal gorilla, it was highly recommended.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hey guys! I stayed up late to take some pics with the lights off and to see how TD 2 is doing growing so close to the light. In the pictures I'm noticing some light burn, to the naked eye it's harder to see. I moved the light up to 14 inches. I should start seeing nice green tops again soon. In my early days I would have thought she's needing nutes, and since I feed her tomorrow anyway, I wouldn't worry about the color of the leaves. I know better now lol. This is light stress, or light burn. Catching it early helps to fix the problem. The hand under the light trick doesn't work! I can hold my hand 2 inches away and it's not too hot, heat is not the issue. Too much light causes bleaching and stunted growth due to poor photosynthesis. You can see the bleaching in the center where the light is the most intense. I realize I raised the light a lot, I'm expecting more stretching. Today is day 161, Day 11 of flower.

TD 2 lights off.

[​IMG]

With flash. These buds are looking nice already.

[​IMG]

Some yellowing leaves.

[​IMG]

Moving up.

[​IMG]

Thanks for following along.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Their cookies is excellent too I think it's better. I've grown 2 if them and they also love the heat

• Like Like x 1
  6. Any experience growing any kind of a grape/purple strain?

• Like Like x 1
  7. The JGR cut that I’ve been growing is a purple strain, it’s a cross of LA Confidential and Blue Dream, both of which can have purple traits(it really comes out in the cross though) however the cut i had didn’t have much color to it, it DID get some pink/purple in the inside of the nugs and usually shows some purple trichs at the end of flower.

-GM
    Mini Box SOG

• Like Like x 2
  8. I grow them and they only purple win winter here. Always 2 warm

• Like Like x 2
  9. They are spendy but a PAR light meter is a godsend if your messing with lights much. I have gotten much better results since getting one specially when I moved over to LEDs and have sometimes 20 different light sources. I have learned you really can not trust your eyes because our eyes are not as sensitive to the spectrum of light plants need hence the reason lumens and lux meters really do not mean much for growing. I also find it really handy for determining when to burn power in my greenhouse to augment light and how much power I need to burn to get desired results.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah that PAR meter would be handy, but I only have the HPS and a single led for side lighting. I couldn't imagine the costs involved with lighting an entire greenhouse!

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Looks great! Since she is inside, how many more weeks do you think to harvest?