canada..educate me

Discussion in 'General' started by skimFL, Dec 3, 2011.

1. soo lately ive become so disgusted with american govt, i dont know if i can even take part in society here.. i throw up sometimes because when i think about the shit thats going on, my stomach gets this wierd feeling..i cant explain it.. i cant take watching my friends always being harassed by police anymore.. i cant take watching all these dumb people defend these politicians who are fucking them over.. i cant take all the lies they feed us everyday anymore...i just cant take this shitty american lifestyle where money rules everything.. dont get me wrong america is full of very smart people, but look at our majority.. look at our popular culture and what most people listen too.. i like to believe everyone here is open and chill, but nah not even close only the people in the closed misfit circles.. here you talk about saving polar bears, half agree with you the other half of americans would just say something like "you hippie faggot" or you tell them about how our rights are be taking away and they will call you a paranoid stoner.... the majority of americans are on some dumbshit.. they are blind, eyes closed.. they dont even realize what our govt does and is doing..and the worst part, they dont care.. we are in countries we shouldnt even be in. ask a random american on the street what countries were in, most will be like "uhh i dont know, there terrorists though" or blah blah blah... i mean i dont agree with the "terrorists" at all, but i think maybe us destroying their country and killing innocent people might fuel there extreme hatred for us..i know canada is our allie, but i dont think you guys enjoy that role to much.. just happened to be our neighbor.. so we think we are the world police, we have our nose in everyones shit.. but if they were to put their noses in our shit our govt would flip shit.. our education system is shot, when i have kids i dont want them to go to these bullshit schools that teach nothing of importance.,, they feed you jibberish and try to mold you into a law biding american, i want my kids to be enlightened, opened up and taught things that really have uses to an avg person.. its getting bad here if you dont agree with the system.. im out of high school now, and i used to always be in trouble there.. i thought it would change, but nope the real world is just like a big high school, and the hall monitors are just cops, that always wanna see my hall pass and wanna put us in detention(jail).... you say that, and people are like well dont do anything illegal.. what the fuck ISNT illegal in the gay ass fucking country..o god bless america.. shit kids got slapped on the hands for 30 years ago for, we get charged for.. and then you get put on papers or something, and have to pay some amount of money that you know isnt gonna happen for awhile.. and they basically trap you. i shouldnt have to worry or fear jail especially when i dont harm anyone, dont mess with anyone, treat everyone with respect, but i just smoke weed and hang with people who live how we wanna live not how they want us to live..

Now i dont know much about canada, but it seems from what ive seen of canadians they are ussualy pretty chill and actually use their brains before bullets where we are kinda the other way around.. canadians dont seem to glorify being a piece of shit (listen to canadian rap then american mainstream rap..our underground is pretty good though) you guys seem to treat marijuana users better and not aggresively pick em out.. canadians seem to have way less crime, which i think is because your society isnt quite as fucked as ours.. you guys have hoods but everyone does..i doubt your guys our as bad.. i live in a blah neighborhood but by no means ghetto in american terms.. i hear a gunshot and dont really even think bout it cuase thats not out of the ordinary.. also I dont know for sure, becuase ive never been to canada but i get the vibe that your cops dont all have 7 foot long sticks up there ass everyday lookin to fuck peaceful people.. also canadians seem to like planet earth a little better it seems, like you dont wanna butfuck everything with pollution like the US govt enjoys doing.. I know canadas populations i wayyyy smaller, but this is just what i think of when i think of canada compared to US.. please feel free to put me in my place and tell me how it really is thats what i wanna know..

so basically i made this thread because ive been considering moving north, im not a fan of the super cold but fuck id rather have shriveled balls then a 10x10 cell.. and well i thought id ask some canadians on here to enlighten me on the canada you know because most people on here seem to have fairly good grasp on the bigger picture.. are my thoughts of canada right for the most part, are the stereotypes true.. that canada is more laid back, more accepting, less bullshit, less prisoners, more reasonable policies.. is it affordable? is canada easy to make the move to or are they strict on immigrants.. how do the people there view americans? I will definetly visit sometime in the next year or 2.. ive really been looking at British Colombia... but where are some other parts that have alot of things to do, and alot of young people... idk i guess i just want some reall canadians to tell me what they like about canada and what they dont.. cause yall would be the best people to ask... im just ready to get out of land of the "free"..

this was long, but ive been really thinking about canada.. just tell me what u like and hate about it... i dont even know if this right sections for this thread but fuck it

2. [quote name='"skimFL"']soo lately ive become so disgusted with american govt, i dont know if i can even take part in society here.. i throw up sometimes because when i think about the shit thats going on, my stomach gets this wierd feeling..i cant explain it.. i cant take watching my friends always being harassed by police anymore.. i cant take watching all these dumb people defend these politicians who are fucking them over.. i cant take all the lies they feed us everyday anymore...i just cant take this shitty american lifestyle where money rules everything.. dont get me wrong america is full of very smart people, but look at our majority.. look at our popular culture and what most people listen too.. i like to believe everyone here is open and chill, but nah not even close only the people in the closed misfit circles.. here you talk about saving polar bears, half agree with you the other half of americans would just say something like "you hippie faggot" or you tell them about how our rights are be taking away and they will call you a paranoid stoner.... the majority of americans are on some dumbshit.. they are blind, eyes closed.. they dont even realize what our govt does and is doing..and the worst part, they dont care.. we are in countries we shouldnt even be in. ask a random american on the street what countries were in, most will be like "uhh i dont know, there terrorists though" or blah blah blah... i mean i dont agree with the "terrorists" at all, but i think maybe us destroying their country and killing innocent people might fuel there extreme hatred for us..i know canada is our allie, but i dont think you guys enjoy that role to much.. just happened to be our neighbor.. so we think we are the world police, we have our nose in everyones shit.. but if they were to put their noses in our shit our govt would flip shit.. our education system is shot, when i have kids i dont want them to go to these bullshit schools that teach nothing of importance.,, they feed you jibberish and try to mold you into a law biding american, i want my kids to be enlightened, opened up and taught things that really have uses to an avg person.. its getting bad here if you dont agree with the system.. im out of high school now, and i used to always be in trouble there.. i thought it would change, but nope the real world is just like a big high school, and the hall monitors are just cops, that always wanna see my hall pass and wanna put us in detention(jail).... you say that, and people are like well dont do anything illegal.. what the fuck ISNT illegal in the gay ass fucking country..o god bless america.. shit kids got slapped on the hands for 30 years ago for, we get charged for.. and then you get put on papers or something, and have to pay some amount of money that you know isnt gonna happen for awhile.. and they basically trap you. i shouldnt have to worry or fear jail especially when i dont harm anyone, dont mess with anyone, treat everyone with respect, but i just smoke weed and hang with people who live how we wanna live not how they want us to live..

Now i dont know much about canada, but it seems from what ive seen of canadians they are ussualy pretty chill and actually use their brains before bullets where we are kinda the other way around.. canadians dont seem to glorify being a piece of shit (listen to canadian rap then american mainstream rap..our underground is pretty good though) you guys seem to treat marijuana users better and not aggresively pick em out.. canadians seem to have way less crime, which i think is because your society isnt quite as fucked as ours.. you guys have hoods but everyone does..i doubt your guys our as bad.. i live in a blah neighborhood but by no means ghetto in american terms.. i hear a gunshot and dont really even think bout it cuase thats not out of the ordinary.. also I dont know for sure, becuase ive never been to canada but i get the vibe that your cops dont all have 7 foot long sticks up there ass everyday lookin to fuck peaceful people.. also canadians seem to like planet earth a little better it seems, like you dont wanna butfuck everything with pollution like the US govt enjoys doing.. I know canadas populations i wayyyy smaller, but this is just what i think of when i think of canada compared to US.. please feel free to put me in my place and tell me how it really is thats what i wanna know..

so basically i made this thread because ive been considering moving north, im not a fan of the super cold but fuck id rather have shriveled balls then a 10x10 cell.. and well i thought id ask some canadians on here to enlighten me on the canada you know because most people on here seem to have fairly good grasp on the bigger picture.. are my thoughts of canada right for the most part, are the stereotypes true.. that canada is more laid back, more accepting, less bullshit, less prisoners, more reasonable policies.. is it affordable? is canada easy to make the move to or are they strict on immigrants.. how do the people there view americans? I will definetly visit sometime in the next year or 2.. ive really been looking at British Colombia... but where are some other parts that have alot of things to do, and alot of young people... idk i guess i just want some reall canadians to tell me what they like about canada and what they dont.. cause yall would be the best people to ask... im just ready to get out of land of the "free"..

this was long, but ive been really thinking about canada.. just tell me what u like and hate about it... i dont even know if this right sections for this thread but fuck it[/quote]

Exactly

3. also im a line cook, and like food.. dont picture myself working anywhere else other then a kitchen.. wanna be a chef one day.. do kitchen jobs pay enough to get by up there.

4. Canada will be just like the United States in a couple years

5. I am not in Canada but have been there multiple times (BC, Banff, PEI) and you seem to be pretty much accurate in your assessment of their relaxed culture. If you want to immigrate-I've been trying to get the wife to move there for about a decade-you will need a Canadian immigration lawyer and about $1000. Depending on your job skills/degree it can take months or years. Regarding the US and it's government, my wife works for state government in a non-profit violence prevention capacity and the stories she tells of how fucked up the government is and peoples ego's and complete lack of concern for the people they are supposed to represent is disgusting. The US government is a failed experiment and with the current set-up is only representing groups with enough money to hire a team of lobbyist's. Unfortunately I don't think it can remedy itself and now that I have children of my own Canada feels like the best thing I can do for my family-wife fears that her job skills/degrees won't transfer well to Canadian culture. I do still believe that Americans are generally good people taken one at a time and there is love and beauty here-it's just that the governmental machine is broken and too large to make any real change. Good luck OP, start practicing your "Eh's", learn the rules of hockey and in the meantime drink some Molson's and pretend you are already there.

6. Eh, I'm sticking around for the rebellions..

7. why do you think this?
    thanks for the response man, and yeah i dont have lobbyists haha so moving sounds nice.. best of luck to you on gettin away from here as well.. hockeys my favorite sport to watch already, never a boring moment.. but whats molsons lol..
    word, buy a gas mask and bullet proof vest..itll help out

8. Dude, Canada is the shit. There's no ignorant assholes like the ones found in the states. Health care is free, cops won't chase after you for weed because they have better things to do, and the nature you get up here is one in a million.

About the cold, it's not that bad. But we're all used to -30C in January :D

9. #9 Hypnocrite, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011
    Canada is no better than the US, sure they may be more lax about some laws, but their gov't is just as fucked up. Hell, every gov't on this planet is fucked up, moving won't solve the problems you're facing. Your best bet, instead of running away, is to actively get out and try to CHANGE things. Things are gonna change soon man, I feel it. We just need more people to realize the power each individual has and then we can push for change. "The people shouldn't be afraid of the gov't, the gov't should be afraid of the people."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48K5Y0421Ig[/ame]

:smoke:

10. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT0OqHr3wHQ]If you don't like america, you can git out - YouTube[/ame]

11. #11 skimFL, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011

haha sounds nice, i dont have health insurance currently lol.. here cops will call back up lol.. and hell yeah i need to get up there and check it out.. -30C.......maybe if i get just a little high i wont feel it..

ill def take the lax laws over ours lol..i want it to change.. but i dont feel it coming till the people that are 30 now become 50. i try man, i try... i talk change and be the change i wish to see.. but damn no one here gives a fuck lol, and the ones that do all get the shaft..

12. Haha, you won't even feel the cold when you're high. And there's nothing like smoking a joint in the street when little snowflakes are coming down, and you got some Canadian rock blasting.

The cops here don't always arrest people for weed. Most of the time, they give us stoner kids a warning.

13. So would it be pretty easy for an American to become a Canadian citizen?

14. Not at all. The US dollar is about to lose its place as the worlds reserve economy. The last time a

country lost its place as a world currency was Great Britain and it was the worst economic time period for that country.

Economists predict everything will double in price over night in America.

Quality of life will drop dramatically.

Gas could cost around 6 - 7 dollars per gallon.

15. Im just some random canadian high school kid. but I grew up here so ill let you know my impressions.

So I live in Ontario, but i've travelled around a bit, been to BC, U.S.A, south america. Canadian culture is way different.

I would describe the canadian culture as a more chill version of American culture. I haven't lived in any cities, but in the towns people are pretty chill, every so often spend time with the other people just to be nice. Prejudices are pretty low. There is way less crime in Canada than any other country i've ever been to. we are pretty open/freindly around here

Vancouver/BC is where all the things are happening right now. Is a nice city. I almost ditched my family and stayed when i went there in august. But it's more expensive to live there than in Ontario.

The government is full of soulless leeches (as governments are everywhere), but it's not as vicious as the american government.

I say go for it.

16. america has nukes

17. hopefully im gone before that happens lol

hell yeah thanks for the response man, sounds pretty good. yeah from what ive read BC seems to be pretty happenin and im definetly looking for a more laid back culture, here is anything but that.

18. I'm staying for the riots. RIOT! RIOT! RIOT!

19. im also moving there for the same reason :smoke: :wave:

20. You're not educated.
    Canada is not as fucked up as the US.
    Canada doesn't wage wars for no reason.
    Canada doesn't have a debt the size of the universe.
    Canada does not kill other people because they called them a ******.
    Canada does not lock their doors because there is no crime.
    Canada isn't becomimg a legal "Battleground" like the USA is by the Senate.
    Why the fuck is the US a battleground now.

Don't know what I'm talking about?
    Google it.